Jiu Fen 2014

九份


Good day, peeps!! It's Wednesday again, I am back here for another travel post and this time round, it will be on Jiu Fen (九份)! Jiu Fen is one of the most popular spots in Taipei and every year, I never failed to drop by here to enjoy the beautiful scenery and taste the yummy beef noodles and yu yuan(s)! Without further ado, I shall roughly go through my trip for the year!!

You can choose to get ticket studs or easycard (悠遊卡)'s payment these days!

Upon reaching Ruifang's train station, we alighted and exited the station. Then, we walked towards the bus stop when I usually board the bus to Jiu Fen. However, the bus stop was relocated much further down on the far left of the station. I have done a much detailed map below for you guys to refer. Due to traffic congestion, they have to move the bus stop to a much spacious area. I only came to know this year since I only visit Taiwan once a year.

Self-Planned Map

The bus ride to Jiu Fen took about 15 mins and when we reached, it was so crowded probably I went during the weekends? Hahas. Anyway, before we step into the lanes of Jiu Fen, we headed to the observatory decks located nearby the entrance of Jiu Fen. Raven and I took some nice photos there and then, we embarked our journey to foods and more foods! :D

Scenery from the observatory deck, nice?

After looking and seeing the scenery from the observation deck, we had lunch at the popular beef noodle store in Jiu Fen. This store is the one which I had visited since my first Taiwan trip. I totally enjoyed the foods there and thus, I am back here again. I recommended it to Raven too. Their beef noodles cost about S$4 to S$4.50 (I can't really remember the price correctly though). The noodles was "Q" and the beef was nice too. We also added a "油豆腐" to go along too.

九份老麵店


Delicious and tasty beef noodles!



魯肉飯, 好吃!


My recommendation, "油豆腐"!

Next, we walked around Jiu Fen to get some nice souvenirs and stuffs for our loved family and friends. We passed by a lot of the wooden craft stores and also the Taiwanese's okashi (お菓子) store, "菓風小舖" (Sophisca). We hauled quite a sum of souvenirs after the trip! :)

菓風小舖 - 九份店


菓風小舖 - 九份店
新北市瑞芳區崇文里6鄰基山街68號

We then settled for Jiu Fen's popular Yu Yuan at "阿柑姨芋圓". The Yu Yuan here is really nice and tasty, if you have tried "Blackball" in SG before, you will definitely love this as it's so much cheaper than Blackball's ones! Raven and I each ordered a bowl, I love it and Raven also agreed that it's not bad too. We had the warm one as the weather is really cold during our visit. There are 2 floors for dining-in customers and these floors have pretty nice and awesome view of the Jiu Fen scenery too.

Seating inside the store (One of the floors)


Close-up shot of the Yu Yuan dessert! おいしそう!


Also featured on "食尚玩家"!



阿柑姨芋圓
瑞芳區福住里豎崎路五號
Taipei, Taiwan

After flying on the plane for hours and hours of traveling, there is one more dish which a Singaporean/Malaysian may not wanted to miss when visiting Jiu Fen. That is the famous Fishball soup! There are 2 very popular stores in Jiu Fen, both are equally tasty and nice. I did tried them during my previous visits and you can read about them from the link I embedded at the end of this post.

魚丸伯仔


九份傳統魚丸

After which, we walked around Jiu Fen for another 20 to 30 minutes before we hop on the bus back to Rui Fang's train station. The bus stop for the bus back to train station is further up from "李義餅店" (Opposite 7-11). I think you can ask around the locals there, they are glad to help if you can't find the bus stop. Anyway, the Sun Biscuits (太陽餅) from "李義餅店" were really yummy and tasty. Definitely, I recommended to get one box back to hotel to share around! I have finally come to the end of this short travel post. If you would like to read more, you also can check out my previous trip to Jiu Fen at the link embedded below! For now, ciaos!!

人山人海啊。。。

Story Closed on 14.05.2014.

You may also like to read about my previous visit to Jiu Fen:
- Jiu Fen (2012/2013)

Comments