Shinjuku (2014)

新宿 : SHINJUKU (2014)


In the recent Autumn trip, I visited Shinjuku again. It brings back a lot fun memories. It was a really nice place to chill and walk around. This year, I make it up to the free Observation Deck at the Government office tower. The night view was spectacular! You can view Tokyo Skytree and Tokyo Tower from the deck too. I will share the photos below later on.

If you have missed my last post on Shinjuku, I will share the link at the end of this post. Back in 2013, I visited Tokyo during the summer season and the sun was scorching hot. I always remember to take my moisturiser and shades out. This year, it was cooling and comfy to walk around without sweating much.

As usual, I visited my fave yusoba (油そば) store and I had the popular soba for 2 nights? It was so yummy that the taste still lingered in my mouth. The soba cost about S$9++, the store provide free flow of ice water too. I must say, most restaurants in Japan provide either free ocha (お茶) or ice water (冷たい水). If you went into one that charge for that, you must be really superb lucky! Anyway, most restaurants in Japan provide guest the choice of dining with smokers or not. Well, of course, I chose the one without smokers as I don't smoke.

The Store


My dinner


油そば総本店 @ 西新宿
〒160-0023
東京都新宿区西新宿1-16-10
Open Daily: 24 Hours!

Coming to Shinjuku, there are 5 departmental stores here and most of them offered tourist tax-free shopping experience if you are spending ¥10,000 (S$115~) and above. Well, during this trip, I visited the most popular Takashimaya (高島屋) and Odakyu (小田急). I bought a number of stuffs from these stores and most of them are so much cheaper than what they really cost in Singapore. So, if you would like to spend some bucks in SG's Isetan or Takashimaya, I guess you can get more bargains over there. [*] Note: Most departmental stores close at 2000 hrs.

Isetan (伊勢丹) Shinjuku

Besides high class shopping in Shinjuku departmental stores, there is one store here which I will never miss. I visited Okashi no Machioka (お菓子のまちおか) during my 2013 trip and this year, it's no exception. I spend about S$12+ there and I got a number of good snacks to last me a good one month. The store sells a number of cheap but delicious snacks from familiar Pocky sticks to little chocolates. Definitely, a great place to get some nice snacks for your friends. This store is very popular among Hong Kong and Taiwan tourists apparently. I suspect that the store was featured on the guide book or something?

Sanrio's Gift Gate


Merchandises and Store's interior


Sanrio Gift Gate アドホック新宿店
東京都新宿区新宿3-15-11 アドホック新宿1F
Weekdays: 1000 hrs - 2100 hrs
Weekends: 1000 hrs - 2000 hrs

お菓子のまちおか


My haul from the store


お菓子のまちおか @ 新宿西
〒160-0023
東京都新宿区西新宿1-12-1
Open Daily: 1000 hrs - 2100 hrs

Featured on Tokyo Cheapo!
http://tokyocheapo.com/shopping-2/okashi-no-machioka-cheapo-dagashi-sweet-shop

I finished my tour in Shinjuku with a beautiful night view at the Tokyo Metropolitan Towers. The entry to the observation decks is free, each night the tower deck is opened to visitors and tourists to explore. I came during the weekday evening so it was not very crowded. The tower is located also nearby the west exit of Shinjuku JR station. Everything is walkable distance from the station, if you want to save some bucks and do some exercise. I strongly recommend coming here to take a look! :)

Beautiful night view of Tokyo


Another nice view from the Observation Deck


Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building
〒163-8001
東京都新宿区西新宿2-8-1

With that all said, I hope you have enjoyed my post on Shinjuku. So if you still wondered what else to do in Shinjuku, please do let drop me a mail. I am glad to entertain if I am free, yea? Hahas. Nevertheless, thanks for dropping by!~

Story Closed on 18.01.2015.

#wjalmighty #travelpost #japan #tokyo #autumn #travels #shinjuku #foods #thingstodo #thingstosee #thingstobuy

Link to my previous Shinjuku post
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2013/08/shinjuku.html

Comments