Shibuya (2014)

渋谷: SHIBUYA


Good day, peeps! I am back for another travel post. First of all, thanks for dropping by again! This post will focus on things to do in Shibuya and things to see here! Although, I might not have a lot time in Shibuya during this trip, I still managed to get some stuffs done! I hope you guys will enjoy this post as usual and without further ado, let's start!

Shibuya is a famous shopping district in Tokyo and if you didn't come here during your Tokyo trip, it means you are wasted! No offences though, Shibuya is one of the must-visit places when coming to Tokyo. There are lot of shopping malls here and probably a girl paradise. However, for guys, you still get see girls here even if you are not shopping.

During my trip, I managed to get one shade which cost around ¥1,000 (Approx. S$11.50). The shade was really cool, I took it along during my Bangkok trip right after my Tokyo trip. There are also many other stores around Shibuya which caught my eyes, the Disney store which housed 3-floor of merchandises and the big Loft store (Which I didn't manage to visit). Another huge store which I visited here is the Tokyu Hands, apparently, this is one of the biggest outlets which I visited right after the Takashimaya's outlet in Shinjuku.

Entrance to Disney Store


Cute teddy bears!


ディズニーストア 渋谷公園通り店
〒150-0042 東京都渋谷区宇田川町 20-15
Open daily: 1000 hrs - 2130 hrs

Tokyu Hands, Shibuya has 7-level of sections selling different products. They carry many useful lifestyle stuffs from basic stationeries to travel essentials like the foldable Boston bags. During my stay, I bought some stationeries such as the Pilot color pens (which cost almost half the price of what SG is selling), some cute sushi erasers, one clutch and so much more. Tokyu Hands also provide tax refund service too, so if you happened to spend above ¥10,000, you are entitled to tax refund! So yea...For my next trip, I am going to spend everything at here to get more discounts! Hahas! *Evil laughs*

Tokyu Hands!!


Phone accessories section



東急ハンズ 渋谷店
東京都渋谷区宇田川町12-18
Open daily: 1000 hrs - 2030 hrs

After all the shopping, time to fill your tummy with foods! First stop, the main course at (一蘭ラーメン) Ichiran Ramen. Luckily, I am able to understand basic Japanese, when given the Japanese's order slip, I am able to fill them up. Ichiran Ramen is popular among Taiwanese and Hong Kongers* as it was featured on many travel guide and travel books. Not just that, the ramen is customable from soup base to the noodles thickness. This is one of the features which make them so popular. The price start from roughly ¥700 which I believed it's pretty affordable for the locals and foreigners.

“幸いにも、日本語を勉強しました。”


The entrance to Ichiran


My creation


Also featured on "愛玩客" and "食尚玩家"!



一蘭 渋谷店
〒150-0041 東京都渋谷区神南1-22-7 岩本ビルB1F
Open daily: 24 hours!

Next stop, head to Rakuten Cafe for tea break or dessert! Rakuten cafe opened it doors recently just in 2013 if I remember correctly. It's one of the newest kids on the block, the cafe has a variety of cakes, pizzas, sandwiches and coffee to entertain your mouth while you are busy reading the tablet's magazines. The cafe is roughly 2-level in size though it has 3 levels of seating. For you guys who is wondering what is Rakuten, Rakuten is the Japanese version of eBay like Taobao (China's eBay) and Qoo10 (SG's eBay). Though Rakuten is not very notable in SG like Taobao, it is quite popular in Tokyo and big Japanese cities like Yokohama and Osaka.

As for the pricing, the price is pretty steep starting at lowest ¥600 for food and ¥500 for coffee. Nevertheless, it is still cheaper than the Gucci Cafe and L'occitane Cafe. The staffs were friendly and helpful, they are able to communicate in basic English so even you can't speak Japanese well, they are still able to understand a bit here and there! :)

Spotted the Rakuten cafe!


Tea-break time


楽天カフェ 渋谷店
〒150-0041 東京都渋谷区神南1-20-6
Open daily: 1000 hrs - 2300 hrs

Last stop, remember to stop by the Pablo (パブロ) bakery. This store has a signature cheese tart which sell at ridiculously fast rate. When I was there, it was sold out so in the end, I bought the biscuits only. The biscuits tasted not bad too but the price is quite steep as one box only comes with 9 pieces. Pablo, tasty!

The Pablo's store


“Pablo(パブロ)から、美味しいチ-ズタルト。”


PABLO 渋谷店
東京都渋谷区宇田川町21-9
渋谷センター街(バスケットストリート)
Open daily: 1000 hrs - 2200 hrs

So, are you excited for your upcoming Tokyo trip yet? I have come to the end of this travel post. Sorry that if I can't get you anymore excited but still, I hope that you have at least gained some insights of Shibuya and if you can't get enough of this Shibuya post. Check onto the link below for my previous year's visit! Cheers!

Click the below link to my previous year's post!
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2013/09/shibuya.html

Story Closed on 08.02.2015.

#wjalmighty #travels #travelogues #Japan #Tokyo #Shibuya #Pablo #Ichiran #Rakutencafe #thingstodo #thingstosee #thingstobuy #thingstonote

Photo Credits:
- http://www.pablo3.com/design/themes/basic/templates/addons/my_changes/images/page_products_suites_001/xcheesetart_main.jpg.pagespeed.ic.q-UfRkzgQu.jpg

Comments