Celebrating Chinese New Year in Malacca (2017)


Evening peeps! It's Friday, I am back here for a quick travel post! I just came back from Malacca earlier this week. I spent 5 days at Malacca visiting my grandpa and relatives. Of course, watching movies, do some shopping and eat lots of foods. Chinese New Year is the festive season where it's the most exciting season for the year that's why many people would return home to visit their loved ones no matter what.

The Chinese New Year season is 15 days in total and the first few days are the most important ones. So for the eve of the season, we reached our hotel at around 1430 hrs? Then which, we went for our last minutes shopping before heading to my grandpa's place for dinner. On the eve, it's also the most exciting day for my trip! We watched fireworks and light fire crackers.

Day 1

On the second day, brunch at Station Cafe. It was really not a good meal though. The presentation of the foods look nice but the foods were so-so. After some more short shopping, we went to my first aunt's home. We had a good dinner there! We took some photos and selfies. We headed for a midnight movie after dinner. We managed to catch Kungfu Yoga that day.

Day 2

Early morning on the third day, I ate the Hokkaido Baked Cheese Cake which I bought last evening. Then we headed to Jonker Walk to have our brunch at Jonker Street Chicken Rice Ball restaurant. After which, we went back to the hotel to drop our shopping stuffs before heading to my grandpa place again. We had dinner and left much earlier that day because we are watching another midnight movie! This time round, it's XXX: The Return of Xander Cage.

Day 3

Following the next day, we have breakfast at Tao Yuen Dim Sum restaurant. We had a good meal before heading to my grandpa's place again. This time round we stayed at my grandpa place for the whole day. I watched Astro and snack on CNY goodies. While waiting for our dinner, my mum and sister are helping out with the preparation. That day dinner were steamboat and BBQ!

Breakfast at Tao Yuen Dim Sum


Restoran Tao Yuen Dim Sum (桃園茶樓)
Jalan Melor, Taman Peringgit Jaya, 75400 Melaka, Malaysia
Opens daily: 0600 hrs ~ 1500 hrs

Day 4

On the last day, our coach's departure time to Singapore is at 1435 hrs so we had some time before we headed back home. As such, we were able to catch breakfast at Tim Ho Wan and some more last minute shopping. Then after, we headed to catch our coach back to Singapore. There was a traffic jam halfway and we were only able to reach Singapore around 1930 hrs.

Day 5

My total damage for this trip was about S$400 which includes hotel, coach and food expenses. For Chinese New Year's period, coach prices are much higher usually it was marked up by around 50%. However, you can use easibook or onlinebustickets to book the tickets these days. These platform also offered loyalty programmes such as points or similar for you to use it to lower your total bill for the next trip. I hope my summarised post on celebrating Chinese New Year in Malacca can further help you to plan your next Malacca trip! Please also click the link below to read about my previous cny's trip. Thanks for reading this long post and be sure to be back for my next post!

Click below to read about my 2015 CNY trip to Malacca!
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2015/02/celebrating-chinese-new-year-in-malacca.html

Consolidated video for CNY!

Happy New Year!

Story Closed on 03.02.2017.

#wjalmighty #travelogues #travels #malaysia #malacca #my #chinesenewyear #cny #thingstodoinmalacca #thingstobuy #thingstosee #thingstoeat

Comments