2XU Compression Run 2017


Evening peeps! It's Monday but it's a holiday! I am back here finally to give an update to my blog. I am so sorry for missing out posting new entries recently. Anyway, in this short post, I will blogging my experience to the recent 2XU Compression Run 2017! It have been few weeks ago since the run took place.

This is my third time running with the franchise. Luckily, I am still able to enjoy the loyalty rate since a year break due to that I went Japan for spring last year. But I really like the color combination of the singlet last year, white and gold just goes so well! Hahas. This year's run see 8 waves of 21km runners which is really massive in my opinion. There are only 2 waves of 10km runners this year if I am correct.

The runner base for the franchise will soon to increase due to the bad management of the organiser for Sundown Marathon this year. I think many runners are boycotting the Sundown franchise and switching over to 2XU. Well, the 2XU Compression Run's organisers are managing the crowd well this year. The collection expo was smooth and kept indoor instead of outdoor under the bright sun. For 10km participants, it only took me about 20 to 25 mins to collect my race pack. I am pleased with the volunteers attitude and friendliness too. This year run pack is full with goodies as usual, all runners get a polo tee, running singlet, several vouchers and finisher medal. For 21km finisher, they are also entitled to a finisher tee. What's more? If you have signed up during the "Joseph Schooling" promotion, you get an extra pair of Newton socks.

The race pack collection @ Marina Square


The race pack's goodies for this year


This year's run took place at F1 race pit. The flag off was on time and the 10km route was spotted with sufficient water point in my opinion. However, this year running distance was more than 10km. From my Garmin's watch, it was about 10.8km which is almost 11km. I think many 10km runners are commenting on this. Overall, as long as you time yourself, you will be able to know when to slow down and pick up pace for the run. I also seen some other runners whom registered 11km for their run. Nevertheless, I finished the race with a nice timing below an hour.

With Sherry and Boon Chong (BMT mate!)


Sherry and Me after the race, posing with the big medal! Hahas!



My finisher medal



My race timing

The registration fee for the race is around S$50 for 10km runners and a bit higher for 21km runners. I think for that price and the goodies for this year, it's pretty worth it. I am satisfied with my run and I hope you have also enjoyed reading this post and also gained some insights for the event. I have come to the end of this post, be sure to come back soon for another weekly update!

Ended my morning with a sumptuous Mcdonald's breakfast!

Story Closed on 01.05.2017.

Click below to read about my 2015's race experience!
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2015/08/2xu-compression-run-2015.html

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #singapore #sg #2xucompressionrun #wjrunning #running #jogging #2xurun

Comments