National Day Celebration 2017


Hello peeps, it's Tuesday's evening and I am back for another weekly update. This post has been delayed for a long time but I hope I am not very late. Hahas.

This year's National Day Parade took place at Marina Bay Again. Like previous years, I really love the firework show. This year, the drone lightup segment was refreshing and it was really nice too. The funpack is also filled with wonderful goodies. But I must say that having 2 bottles of mineral water is really bit heavy for a funpack. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the parade on television.

This year's Funpack


Drone show this year


Other drone lightups for this year!


Firework show this year


This year's National Day theme song

Earlier that day, I met up with Sayana and her friends for brunch at Holland Village. We dined at D'Good Cafe, I think this is my forth or fifth time there already. If you are not aware, D'Good Cafe now has a new outlet in Ngee Ann City, Orchard Road. The cafe is visited by many local celebrities and famous people too. So if you are like me whom happened to have friends from other countries, why not bring them to D'Good Cafe to try them out? It's not written in their typical travel guides.

Cutest Merlion latte art! Exclusive for National Day only!


My brunch for the day

After brunch, we headed to try Sunday Folks which is a dessert cafe that sells ice cream and waffles. Sayana and her friends enjoyed the ice cream and we had a good time there. Chilled for about an hour before we left for home. I am glad I am able to introduce nice cafes to Sayana and her friends as they are not aware that Singapore has these wonderful cafes around. Yup, like I said, the travel guidebooks don't feature a lot of local cafes.

Nice dessert at Sunday Folks! Recommended!


Group photos to end the outing!

After I reached home, I rested for a while before I go for my Guardians of the District virtual run which was a National Day celebration run. This time round, I also joined the 10 km category. The finisher medal came 2 - 3 days after I submitted my run result. As usual, it came with a postcard. The view of Singapore CBD, MBS and Singapore Flyer was printed beautifully on the postcard. Definitely one of the nicest postcards from 42race so far!

The "Man" in the medal can run! Hahas!

I had a good National Day rest and I hope you guys has one too. Anyway, I have come to the end of this short post. I hope you like this one and be sure to drop by this weekend for another weekly update! Cheers!

For Japanese version, click on the below link!
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2017/08/blog-post.html

Story Closed on 12.09.2017.

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #nationalday2017 #ndp2017 #singapore #sg #thingsIdoonnationalday #thingstodoonnationalday #guardiansofthedistrictsingapore #42race #justrunlah #runsociety #wjrunning

Photos Credits:
- http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/default/files/articles/2017/08/06/st_20170806_badrone_3325624.jpg
- http://mummyfique.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Places-To-Get-A-View-Of-The-Fireworks-For-National-Day-12.jpg
- http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/default/files/articles/2017/07/17/d706fd17-1c48-499f-b448-268b97c6c5f3.jpg
- https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0ZWDvO1MjDw/maxresdefault.jpg
- https://i.ytimg.com/vi/W-9YVjXtjOs/maxresdefault.jpg

Comments