Newton Challenge 2017


Evening peeps! It's Sunday, I am back for another weekly update. Anyway, sorry for the late update. I have just finished my long awaited Newton Challenge run this morning. This is my 2nd Newton Challenge Run.

This year race took place at Gardens by the Bay but the race village was located in Marina Barrage, same location as last year. The walk to the starting pen is not too long, good enough for a warm up. I had a good run though halfway, my stomach hurts as I think it's my stomach flu which acted up since Friday. But was glad to finish the race within 2 hours and 30 mins.

Along the way, the running route was spotted with sufficient water points and toilets at East Coast and Gardens by the Bay really helped a lot. Finishers for the race enjoyed a tasty breakfast by Delihub and was treated with a finisher polo tee, finisher medal, wet towel and Pocari Sweat drink. I totally enjoyed myself. The race village also sees performance by Singaporean live bands and lucky draw which featured Ipad and Apple watch.

Race village seen from top of Marina Barrage


Pineapple fried rice, apple, banana, beancurd...I ate the ice cream which is quick to melt. :X


Finisher entitlement!

I didn't managed to go to the collection expo held last week as I was in Bangkok for my birthday trip. My friend helped me to collect on my behalf. This year's race collection expo was held at Velocity, Novena. Runners are entitled to a pair of running socks, running singlet, personalised race bib and vouchers from various sponsors. The race pack comes in this purplish-navy recyclable bag.

Race pack for this year's race


Breakfast at Mcdonald's because I didn't ate the breakfast given.

Overall, I am glad with the race experience. Pink Apple really did a good job as usual. I hope they would bring back the Pocari Sweat Run soon as I missed them! The race registration only cost me S$50.00 as I am a loyalty runner. With this amount, I got a lot of freebies which are deemed useful! Socks, singlet, polo tee and foods! Omg, I guess not many races can offered these goodies these days. I guess I will continue with the franchise next year too! Cheers!

My finisher medal and MBS, so pretty!


My race result, didn't hit PB but managed it under 2 hours 30 mins. Lucky?



Really need to credit @Epalite - Running Shots for this wonderful photo!

Story Closed on 29.10.2017.

Click the link below for my review on the Newton Challenge 2016
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2016/10/newton-challenge-2016.html

#wjalmighty #wjrunning #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #newtonchallenge2017 #newtonchallenge #singapore #sg #running #jogging #marinabay #marinabarrage #marathon #races #events

Comments