Buying gifts for your Overseas Friends


Evening peeps! It's Sunday, I am back for another weekly update! How's your weekends for far? In this short post, I will be blogging about what to get your overseas friends who visited Singapore or while visiting them in their countries. I believed that if you have been following my on my Facebook and previous blog posts, you would know that I have met many Japanese friends and whenever I pay them a visit in Japan, I would get something for them.

In Singapore, there are many popular gifts which I usually get for my friends. Sometimes, I even buy for my Malaysia's relatives too though we are so near one another. Without further ado, I shall start with my fave!

TWG Tea Bags (15 bags pack)

TWG Tea is one of the most popular gifts I would get for my friends as this is one of the well-known gifts from Singapore. You can get the tea bags at Changi Airport before you depart and it's Tax Free! I recommend the Vanilla Bourbon as it smells like ice cream, hahas! Okay lah, I think the tea is nice that's why I recommend that. Other popular favours includes Chamomile and Crème Caramel. RSP: S$25.00 (inc. GST)

Bengawan Solo Pandan Cake

This green cake is so popular that Hong Kong and Taiwan tourists love it too. Second to none, its aromatic panda smell was strong and the soft texture is nice to consume. You can also get this cake at Changi Airport too. RSP: S$15.00 (inc. GST)

Ya Kun Kaya Elfin Pack (75g)

Kaya seems to be very common in South East Asia but it's not very common for countries such like Taiwan, Japan and Korea. Nonetheless, you will find it rare in Western countries too. This adorable mini jar set of 2 is easy-carry and cost less than $10.00. It's an ideal gifts for your overseas friends! Ya Kun's kaya paste is not too sweet nor too plain and it tasted just right which I think it will suits many people. RSP: S$6.80

Golden Duck's Salted Egg Fish Skin/Chips (125g)

A recent trend came in with salted egg fish skin and potato chips, there are 2 big players in the market namely Irvins and Golden Duck. As Irvins's fish skin pack always run out, I usually prefer getting the Golden Duck one. This crunchy and irresistible snacks won't spoil your wallet, selling at S$7.00 per pack and easy-carry. It is one of the ideal gifts for your friends! RSP: S$7.00

Tiger Beer (330ml)

Homegrown beer, Tiger Beer definitely have to hit up on my list. Tiger Beer is also a cheap option for your friends overseas. Now that Tiger Beer has introduces more favours into its Radler's line, it give you more choices to get the beer. I think it would be good to get every favours and the original beer. Total of 6 cans will be good.

Limited Edition Nissin Black Pepper Crab/Tom Yam Potato Chips

Something that tasted like Singapore dishes? Why not get your friends the Nissin's Black Pepper Crab or Tom Yam potato chips? It's cheap and only cost less than S$2.00. I personally think the Tom Yam is nice because of the sour part. RSP: S$1.65

Prima Taste's Cooking Sauces (80g)

Do you have an overseas friend whom love to cook? Oh well, I think this gift is perfect. Prima Taste's sauces is cheap and that its flat packaging made carry-easy! I love the chicken rice pack which as it is so easy to prepare. RSP: S$1.95

Merlion ChouChou Outfit Keychains

Just a few years old, local designer concept store, Naiise hit island-wide. One of the designers, Red Republic has its famed Merlion Chou Chou character products selling in Naiise. This cute keychain is one of the products from Red Republic. Definitely worth buying for your overseas friends whom like cute stuffs. RSP: S$13.90

Dean & Deluca Red Tote Bag (L)

Another nice and good gift for your female overseas friend is this Dean & Deluca red tote bag! This tote bag is big enough to store many things for a day trip to the market or a Saturday shopping trip. With the Singapore wording on it, no doubt that it is one of the popular gifts for your overseas friend. RSP: S$35.00.

There are more gift ideas which I wanted to explore but this post is getting way too long. I think I may continue on part 2 next time? Hahas. I hope this extensive list of gift ideas can help you plan your trip to visit them next time. A Japanese version of this post will be up soon this coming week, do watch out for it! See you in the next post then!

Story Closed on 21.01.2018.

Japanese Version: http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2018/01/2018.html

#wjalmighty #thingstobuyforyourfriends #overseasfriends #singaporegifts #singaporeomiyage #gifting #omiyage #singapore #sg #thingsaboutsingapore

Photo Credits:
- http://www.changiairport.com/content/dam/cacorp/publications/Changi%20Connections/2016/changi-journeys/Issue%204/home-made-goodness-in-changi-airport/twg-teabags.jpg
- https://mothership.sg/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/5865707714_7185db1ca9_b.jpg
- http://zone-thebestsingapore.bhxtb9xxzrrdpzhqr.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/souvenir-kaya.jpg
- https://thegoldenduck.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/TGD-Press_0005_TGD_-Beer-Fest.jpg
- http://bajen-pizzeria.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/tiger.jpg
- http://danielfooddiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/donki16.jpg
- https://image.rakuten.co.jp/tirakita/cabinet/90/fd-loj-477.jpg?_ex=650x650
- https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0175/9848/products/045.5-grp_940x_f845b73b-1e30-4111-a72b-cc7a32e3cf67.jpg?v=1510739429
- http://tos-live-web-server-s3.s3.amazonaws.com/Dean&Deluca/catalogue/tote_bag_large.jpg

Comments