2XU Compression Run 2018


Afternoon peeps, it's Monday! Sorry for the delay in updating my blog. In this short post, I will be posting about my experience taking part in this year's 2XU compression run. This year, I took part in the 21 km category. The race pack collection weekend is 2 weeks before the race week as usual. Overseas runners must take note of this! Unless you stay only in Batam or Johor, it would be a hassle for you to travel up and down.

In this year's race pack, runner get a 2XU running singlet, 2XU recyclable bag (The one that packed everything in it) and some sponsored items such as sample for facial wash, sample for Acti-Tape and so forth. As I am a loyal runner, my registration fee was under S$60 for the 21 km category.

This Year's Race Pack

The run was held at the Singapore F1 Pit as usual. Staffs were friendly and the race carnival area was filled with spaces for runners to hang around after the race. A lot of baggage points as usual, very fast and good management. The Pocari Sweat booths were really useful for many runners! Hydration is an important part for many runners, I believed.

Finishers are treated with bananas, Pocari Sweat and wet towel after crossing the finishing line. All finishers from all categories will be awarded with medals from their category. For 21 km category runners, we get an additional 2XU finisher tee! My run was a pleasant one, but this year, I find the water points a bit out of place. Nevertheless, it's still a very well organised race.

This Year's Finisher Medal


Flex and me taking a finisher photo! Flex is a seasoned runner, fyi!


Many photo booths this year!


Breakfast with Flex after the run! Nasi Lemak! Hahas.

2XU Compression Run series was fronted by the people behind Pink Apple, one of the top race organisers in Singapore. Runners like me would know that there are only 2 major players, Hivelocity and Pink Apple currently in Singapore. Races organised so far are really prestige and well-known to the running community. 2XU Compression Run is a staple for Pink Apple, I hope they would continue the effort!

Anyway, this is the first time for 2XU as usually I only take part in the 10 km category and push my 21 km for Sundown. This year, I made the switch. Well, I will still be blogging about my Sundown experience in May, so do watch out for it! I have come to the end of this short review post. If you would like to read about my experience for 2017 edition, please click the link attached below!

Click below to read about my previous run with 2XU Compression Run!
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2017/05/2xu-compression-run-2017.html

Story Closed on 09.04.2018.

#wjalmighty #wjrunning #running #jogging #marathon #singapore #sg #2xucompressionrun2018 #2xucompressionrun #annualrun #annualevent

Comments