Sapporo


Evening peeps, it’s Monday and I am back for another weekly update. It’s been 2 weeks, I guess? Sorry as my laptop was down the past 4 days and I couldn’t do anything. Anyway, in this short post, I will be sharing about my trip to Sapporo last summer.

Sapporo has many things to look forward to, Shiroi Koibito factory, the famous Sapporo clock tower, the Sapporo beer factory and so forth. Sapporo city is just an hour away from New Chitose airport. Many international flights will stop at Chitose so Sapporo is definitely a must-go city in Hokkaido.

Sapporo central housed many departmental stores and the famous fox street (Name of the Shotengai (shopping arcade)). Just nearby the city centre is the Seafood market that rival Tokyo’s Tsukiji. Here, you can get fresh seafood and dried ones like scallops and stuffs. Not cheap for tourists like me but the price will be cheaper than in Singapore for the same items.

The shopping arcade

As I dropped by during the evening, most of the stores are already closed except restaurants. I dined at this recommended restaurant called Ohiso (大磯). This restaurant was in the top 10 list on Tabelog (タベログ) a popular Japanese food site similar to our hungrygowhere. I had the salmon and crab don which cost me 3,000 yen (approx. S$38). The crab meat is from the Hokkaido crab which you guys would see in travel shows and stuffs. I had a really good meal there, the ambience was quiet probably it’s a weekday? Many local celebrities also visited the restaurant, autographs were all over the shelves and I felt it was really worth it.

Nijou Ichiba (二条市場)


Passed by this store that was about to close


The restaurant front


My dinner at Ohiso


Ohiso(二条市場大磯)
北海道 札幌市中央区 南3条東2丁目 二条市場角地
Website: http://ohiso.net

Open daily
Mondays ~ Saturdays: 0700 hrs - 2200 hrs
Sundays: 0700 hrs - 1700 hrs

I would also like to recommend you guys to one of my fave ramen restaurant in Sapporo, Sumire! This is an extremely popular ramen restaurant in Hokkaido. If you didn't come to try them, you can say that you have never fully explored Hokkaido. Even the popular Youtuber, Hikakin also visited the restaurant just last year! I waited for about 15 mins for my turn, but the order was processed promptly. I didn't waited long for my ramen after I was seated. The miso ramen was really delicious! I didn't regretted at all. Hahas.

The ramen frontage


Waiting for my turn while looking at these autographs by popular people


My ramen is served!


Sumire Ramen (すみれ ラーメン)
中央区南3条西3丁目9-2 ピクシスビル 2F

Open daily
Mondays ~ Saturdays: 1700 hrs - 0300 hrs
Sundays: 1700 hrs - 2400 hrs

At the city center, housed the ever popular Sapporo Clock Tower. This is about 5 mins - 10 mins walk from JR Sapporo station.

The clock tower at night


Sapporo Clock Tower (札幌市時計台)
中央区北1条西2丁目

I visited the Shiroi Koibito park during my visit to Sapporo. It was great, I must say. I totally enjoyed my visit and you can read about it through the URL I attached below.

Shiroi Koibito Park


Shiroi Koibito Park (白い恋人パーク)
札幌市西区宮の沢2-2-11-36
Open daily: 0900 hrs - 1800 hrs (Last entry at 1700 hrs)
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2018/03/shiroi-koibito-park.html

Another nice park to visit is the Moerenuma Park (モレエ沼公園). There are no entrance fees to the park but accessing the park will be a bit difficult as there were only like 1 – 2 buses that go to the park. The reason which I wanted to go to the park is the glass house/museum. The glass panel looks like The Louvre in Paris, no? Lols.

The glass house


From another angle



Dancing fountain at the park

I have come to the end of this short travel post. Overall, I hope this post will be useful to you guys. Do come back soon, I will try to do another update soon! Cheers!

Story Closed on 22.03.2018.

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #travelogues #travels #japan #jp #Hokkaido #Sapporo #thingstodo #thingstosee #thingstobuy

Comments