Yokohama (2017)


Evening peeps, it's Sunday! I am back for another weekly update. In this post, I will be sharing my trip to Yokohama (横浜) last summer. I went to Yokohama to meet Yasu-san. We had a great time at Meigetsu-In (明月院). If you have yet to read about my last post, do go read about it now. Anyway, before we headed for Meigetsu-In, we had lunch at one of the restaurants located in MARK IS Minatomirai (みなとみらい) mall. The restaurant name is おぼんdeごはん, which is quite similar to Yayoiken/Ootoya. For your info, rice are refillable and it's free!

I have forgotten what I had ordered but they tasted really nice. Since we went during a Sunday, the restaurant is crowded with family with kids. Yasu also mentioned that Yokohama-shi (横浜市) consists of a small theme park, Nissin cup noodle museum and Anpanman Museum, which is probably why there are so many family bringing their children here.

My lunch


Selfie with Yasu


おぼんdeごはん
神奈川県横浜市西区みなとみらい3-5-1
http://obon-de-gohan.com/index.php

After Yasu dropped me off at Minatomirai station after our visit to Meigetsu-In, I shopped around Yokohama alone and roamed around till dinner time. Yokohama is really a beautiful city at night especially the habour/bay area. The night view is really nice. Definitely, a nice place for couples.

Night view at Yokohama bay

I also visited the Pokémon Centre in Yokohama during this trip. It's been 1 and half years since my last visit here, I believed. Well, other than the merchandises were refreshed, most of the things like layout of the store stay the same.

Pokémon Center @ Yokohama


Pokémon Center Yokohama (ポケモンセンターヨコハマ)
〒220-0012 神奈川県横浜市西区みなとみらい2-2-1 ランドマークプラザ 4F
Opens daily: 1100 hrs ~ 2000 hrs

Coming to Yokohama is like coming to a place filled with familiar cartoon characters. Another popular store is the "Snoopy Town" located in Queen's Square mall. Here, you can find all goods related to the lovely Snoopy dog. From plushies to small stationeries, the store have it all.

Snoopy Town @ Yokohama

I then had dinner at MARK IS's food court. I ordered a bowl of ramen with gyoza. I think it's a set meal? I really cannot recall much already but the foods tasted good. For food court price, it's about same as our Food Republic's rate. So when people ask me about the prices for meals in Japan, I think overall their standard of living very similar to Singapore and the pricing are similar to Singapore too. Well, I cannot say it's cheap but it's affordable.

My dinner

I have come to the end of this short travel post. I hope I can blog more about Yokohama in the upcoming trip in November. Not sure when I will start doing that post though, hahas. But if you would like to read about my last visit to Yokohama, I have attached the link below. Do go support if you like! Okay, I shall stop my words here. Please come back soon for another travel post next week! :D

Click on the below link to read about my previous trip to Yokohama!
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2015/03/yokohama.html

Story Closed on 22.07.2018.

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #wjtravels #willistravels #japan #jp #yokohama #kanagawa #thingstodo #thingstosee #thingstoeat #thingstobuy

Photo Credits:
- https://ext.yakei.jp/nightphoto/oosanbashi1.jpg

Comments