Beitou

北投

Note: This is review post on my trip to Taipei, Taiwan. FYI, I went on this trip with my friends, Calvin and Jason. Subject on Beitou(北投).


Beitou is the most famous spot for hot spring (温泉) in Taipei. Of course, when you visit Taipei, you must definitely come here to dip in the hot spring, it's really very awesome. Well, there are many hot spring around beitou. Most tourist come here, they choose to visit the public one which you actually can engage with the locals there and it's really very different experience compared to private ones.

My friends and I went for the public one. You cannot take photos inside the hot spring area, so I did not took any when I was inside. But i took some from the outside, although it's not much but it leave me memories that I had been there. Hahas.

Before you go for the hot spring, you can walk around beitou area, there are a lot things for you to discover. Beitou got one big library, you should go take a look. In there, you also cannot take photos. But, do explore the library, it's really very nice. The cover photo of this post is taken outside that library. How nice, rite? It's a good place to relax too.

During March, you still get to see some beautiful cherry blossom tree(which I am not really sure whether are they cherry blossom not, but still, they are beautiful) around the library. I also found many nice flowers and stuffs around for photoshoot. If you are a photographer, do come here and definitely, you will get a lot of inspiration.



Beautiful fountain outside the library.


Lotus pond outside the library.


Well, once you exit from the metro station and walk a bit, you will reach beitou park which is also a good place to enjoy natural scenery too. There is a fountain in the middle of the park, well, it was not sprinkling water on the day I went. FYI, after a small walk from the park, you will see the big library, it's very distinct as the whole building is in brown log-colored.

Another thing to take note, you must take another metro train from Beitou station(北投站) to Xinbeitou station(新北投站) to see all these. (:


Entrance to the park


The fountain and signs to other places at Beitou.


I took note of this, in Taiwan, you can find these tiles that show direction to places on the pavement at most of the famous tourist spot.


We went pass the hot spring museum when we walked to the public hot spring. Well, that day(Monday) we went, the museum was closed. Dots, I did not do a lot of research on these. I was quite disappointed, but, I still enjoyed my trip to Beitou.

Outside the museum. Quite nice looking place, rite?

Anyway, this is where we stop by for our hot spring session. It was quite an experience and it's only NT$40 per entry. So cheap, rite? Well, remember to bring your towels and plastic bags along because they are not provided unless you are going for a private one. The bathroom / changing cubicle are shared, so you got to queue up for your turn. (:


The entrance of the public hot spring.

Another famous tourist spot at Beitou is the Hell Valley(地热谷). It's a must go when you come beitou, oh well, again, I missed it because it's closed on Mondays. In my opinion, in Taiwan, there are a lot stuffs you cannot do during a Monday, example like WFP(五分埔) was not advisable to visit on Monday too. Anyway, i took some photos from this blogsite, http://singapore128.blog.163.com. Credits to the blogger. (:

Entrance to the Hell Valley (a.k.a Thermal Valley 地热谷)


Inside the valley.

Of course, other than enjoying these beautiful scenery and hot spring. Food is also one that cannot be missed. We went for the famous noodle store that are featured on Super Taste(食尚玩家) for late lunch before we leave Beitou.


Famous noodle store, 24小吃店.

We ordered the famous dish that they recommended on the show. I must say it's really very nice and the taste is still unforgettable till now.


Gan Yi Mian (干意面)


As featured on the show...hmm!


Well, remember to drop by here when you come Beitou for hot spring. Hahas. Before I end this review, I shall share with you one last photo I took back at the Beitou metro station. It's quite magnificent actually. Hahas. Anyway, do drop by soon for more of my reviews on my Taiwan trip.

Comments