So their story begin...

This week is finally coming to an end, many exciting things happened during this period. On Wednesday, I attended Suyani and Mariyanto's wedding ceremony. It was a really sweet one and it was held at Marina Bay Sands. Well, this is a new experience for me as I never attended a wedding ceremony before, other than those wedding dinner for my relatives.

It was quite a memorable one, I guessed. Hmm, Suyani was so pretty that day and the groom, hahas...of course, he was very handsome too. This couple just reminded me of the couple in the recently Channel 8's show, '孤男寡女 (Yours Fatefully)'. Well, it was one of the touching moment of my life to see my best polytechnic friend getting married. I just hope everything best for them. I think in another few years time (maybe 2 or 3 years later), I will attend most of my friend weddings.

Other than the wedding ceremony, I had ORD-ed from my 2 years of national service in the army. Well, it's the end of my long-not-long and short-not-short 2 years. However, it doesn't end here and there are 10 more cycles of ICT (In camp training) to go. Anyway, in these 2 years, I wondered whether did I gained something or did I just wasted 2 years of my life? The answer...somehow yes and somehow no.

These precious 2 years of my life, I met many new friends and people. There are just so many type of different people around, it's quite different from what was happening during my polytechnic days and also those working days. These years, I seen people who brag and abuse authories/power around, people who only talk big but no actions and so many more. My life is like a 'rojak', many people came into my life during these years. Inside my heart, I know that I am special and I believed that everyone is special in their own way. During those army days, I learnt to train my mind better and being more focused on things and goals I wanted. When you reflected on yourself, you actually can solve more things and prevent yourself to fail again.

What I lose during these years then? Hmm...working experiences that will helped me in my career and money earned from a full time career job, last but not least, time too. People always said that NS is a waste of time, I agreed to some point. As you compared, if you don't have to go NS, perhaps, you can work and study which are more better for your future, right? Then, think back...during the 2 years, you gained more true friends and more better mindset of what you wanted in life. So i shall probably called this the 'opportunity cost'? Hahas, it quite logical to think about that, right? There are no win and no lose situation during these 2 years. For those who are going through NS now, I just wanted to say...enjoy and slowly think what you wanted in life, besides, you have 2 years.

Anyway, I finally received my E-pre certificate from NTU and also the letter for repayment of polytechnic fees (the not-so-good thing). I am quite happy with my result of the assignments and tests for the course I took online. The online course is basically almost free as I only had to pay 10% of the course fee and guess what? The course is presented in collaboration between MINDEF and NTU which made the cert' so much more valuable. Hahas, I think my post is getting a bit lengthy, I shall stop my words here then. Do still drop by for more updates and if you don't mind, can you please help me click onto my nuffnang or churp churp advert to support me before you leave my site? Thank so much. (:

Story Closed on 09.06.2012.

Photos taken on the ceremony day


With the groom


With the bride


Family photo! :D


Video footage of the signing ceremony


My prize of finishing the online course

Comments

Rio said…
You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

Lets keep writing and blogging

Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.