Central

*This is a review post on Central(中環). FYI, I went on this trip with my friend, Zhi Wei.

Central(中環) is the busiest and main district for transportation, business and high class fashion products in Hong Kong. Other than the above mentioned, there are also many nice and good foods available around the area. Central serves as the main spot for MTR, ferry, taxi and bus. With many transportation modes being available, it became a very popular spot for the locals and tourists.

Central(中環) MTR


Many of the significant landmarks of Hong Kong lies here, like the Bank of China’s tower and The Peak (Click here to read more about my trip to The Peak). The trip to Central was actually for the food. Along my way to the famous Hong Kong’s café, my friend and I passed by many interesting streets and worth the time to take some photos and sightseeing.

Lan Kwai Fong(蘭桂坊) is a street filled with pubs, cafes and restaurants. The street comes pretty much alive when the night comes. Well, during my trip, I only passed by the street in the afternoon so I am not really sure how is it at night. I also came across a Hard Rock Café there, for music and beer lovers, this is one street that you might not want to miss.

Me on the street of '蘭桂坊'.


After that, we passed by the Fringe club. It’s an orange bricks-built building, as read on my guide book. It stated that there are many art cafes and pubs inside the building. Hmm, pretty interesting, however we only passed by the building.

The Fringe Club.


Continue on, we walked further up to look for the Gage street(結志街) where the famous Hong Kong’s café, '蘭芳園' is located. We passed by one more interesting street, Pottinger street(砵典乍街/石板街). This is actually more like a small lane that leads all the way to the main road of the Central. FYI, all the mentioned streets are built on slopes. Therefore, all the streets are very good for photo taking. I took like a mass during my trip. Hahas.

The street of Pottinger. Nice.


Also, along the way, we passed by the longest travolator in Hong Kong. The travolator led all the way to mid-hill, one of The Peak’s tram stop was available there. We finally reached the place for our brunch. We took like hours around the area just to get to there, because, I only had my guide book without any further research. Lesson learnt.

Stopped at the street directory and took this shot.


Our brunch was amazingly nice! Each of us ordered the stripped-chicken with noodles and a glass of milk tea. The bill summed up to less than SGD$5 per pax, it’s affordable and tasty. The store is featured in many magazines, guide books and also television shows. I chanced upon the store on my fave Taiwanese food show, '食尚玩家'.

Famous Hong Kong's cafe, '蘭芳園'


Our noodles, Q!


Our drinks, '丝袜奶茶' and the noodles close-up.


As featured on the show, '食尚玩家'.

After our meal, we followed the address on my guide book to a recommended local teahouse, '莲香楼'. Click here to find out more. I bought a small box of mooncake from there, each box contains 6 pieces and it cost SGD$1.00 each. Hmm, I didn’t have a taste of it as I gifted it to my sister’s boyfriend. He said it was quite nice and not bad. Continue on our journey, we walked to the nearest Ding Ding cable bus stop to board the cable bus to Causeway Bay. I shall blog about it on my next post.

莲香楼


The mooncakes which I bought, they called it '棋子饼' over there.


I have come to the end of this part of my travelogue, as usual, I hope you guys had enjoyed this piece of post. Do stay tuned for my next travelogue on Causeway bay.

Comments