Rua Da Barca / Rua De Francisco Xavier Pereira

*This is a review post on Rua Da Barca(渡船街) and Rua De Francisco Xavier Pereira(俾利喇街). FYI, I went on this trip with my friend, Zhi Wei.

Road sign of Rua De Francisco Xavier Pereira(俾利喇街).


To get to Rua Da Barca(渡船街), you will have to walk on Rua De Francisco Xavier Pereira(俾利喇街). On our way there, we saw many shops selling Macau soveneirs such as "I Heart Macau" tees, almond biscuits and so much more. We also passed by a supermarket and some motorbike servicing shops.

Shops on the street of Rua De Francisco Xavier Pereira(俾利喇街).


Other than that, there's nothing more interesting. Well, our main motive to go Rua Da Barca(渡船街) is for our lunch. I did my research on one of the good eateries in Macau and the store was being patronized by "2morow(Taiwanese boyband)" on their famous food show, '食尚玩家'. So, I decided to go there for lunch.

Anyway, before we head for our lunch, we bought milk tea from Gong Cha(贡茶) and rest our feet a while at the central circle of Rua Da Barca(渡船街). The place was really amazing. It's like foods, clothings and groceries are all here, we took our time to savour the view at the circle while drinking our tea. FYI, Gong Cha(贡茶) in Macau is priced same as in Hong Kong. Each huge cup(equivalent to our huge size in Singapore) is selling at HKD/MOP$12(SGD$2)! This is one of the cheapest drink I had drank over the days spent in HK and Macau.

Gong Cha(贡茶) in Macau.


Rotunda de Carlos da Maia(嘉路米耶圓形地).


After our drink, we had lunch at '小休咖啡'. Well, the whole street/area is less crowded by tourists which I think only locals would know this place. Anyway, the food was superb tasty and worth every penny I spent. As recommended on the Taiwanese show, '食尚玩家', I wouldn't say that the show is bluffing after I dined there. You definitely had to try their famous '魚湯粉'. At a budget of HKD/MOP$80(SGD$12~), you get drinks and at least 3 dishes of food. I can't say it's cheap but I think it's pretty affordable to many. Other than the food, their service is quite good and the aunties there were very friendly. (:

Entrance and menu


2morrow with the store owners


We ordered all of this.


Noodles were Q and soft!


As featured on '食尚玩家'.

After our lunch, we headed around to see see and look look before heading to Macau Tower. So we entered their market place to experience their market culture. Hahas, meanwhile these walking will help me disgest my food earlier.

Marketplace of the area.


On my way, I bought some almond biscuits from this old shop, '晶記餅家'. I did my search for it on the net and found out it's a 40 years old biscuit shop. Godness! It must been a very famous and good shop. So, I bought 3 boxes of almond biscuit from the store. I kept one box for myself and 2 boxes for my best friends. Click here to see more reviews from other consumers of the store.

晶記餅家, the 40 years of traditional almond cookies store.


Also featured on '食尚玩家'. This is another outlet of '晶記餅家'.

After long walk around the area, we took bus service 8 to the terminal and change over to bus service 23 to Macau Tower. Well, I have come to the end of this part of my travelogue, I hope you guys had gained some useful information. Do stay tuned for my next post on Macau Tower! :D

Comments