Causeway Bay

*This is a review post on Causeway Bay(铜锣湾). FYI, I went on this trip with my friend, Zhi Wei.

Causeway Bay(铜锣湾) MTR station.


Causeway Bay(铜锣湾) is only few MTR stops away from Central. Instead of taking MTR to Causeway Bay, we took the Ding Ding cable bus there. It was quite an interesting experience to ride the cable car. The fare is as low as SGD$0.70 for the whole trip. Causeway Bay is another shopping paradise to many, the place is well-spread with designer branded stores such as Burberry, Coach and the others.

Ride experience on Ding Ding cable bus.


Well, our main motive to here is the SOGO department store. We wanted to see how is it like and stuffs. We browsed through the stuffs inside the store and none of them fits in to our budget. The store carried many branded goods too, honestly...it's pretty much like our Orchard's Takashimaya department store. So if you do not have the money to splurge, you shouldn't make Causeway Bay a shopping stop.

Causeway Bay(铜锣湾)'s SOGO department store.


Inside the SOGO department store.


After some walk and looking, we decided to leave SOGO and grab a drink at Gong Cha(贡茶). Along our way, I bought the famous Hong Kong's snack, '鸡蛋仔'. It is seriously tasty. We also then, visited Okashi Land(零食物语) for some chocolates and cookies to bring back Singapore.

鸡蛋仔's store, Gong Cha(贡茶)'s store and Burberry.


You can find Okashi Land(零食物语) almost anywhere on the streets of Hong Kong. They are so conveniently located at most of the MTR stations. The store carried many varieties of chocolates/cookies/snacks from Japan. Some of my friends mentioned before, they sell these chocolates at a lower price as compared to the ones from Japan. So I decided to get some back, hmm...the cookies are really extremely tasty. When I took a bite of the cookie, it's like magic in my mouth. I definitely recommend you guys to get some when you visit Hong Kong. FYI, the price ranges from around SGD$10 - SGD$22~ per box.

Okashi Land(零食物语) and the cookies which I bought.


After our shopping spree from Okashi Land(零食物语), we left Causeway Bay for our next stop at Mong Kok(旺角). I shall blog about it on my next part of my travelogue. Now, I will end my words here. Do stay tuned for another exciting travelogue on my shopping journey at Hong Kong.

Comments