Hong Kong Disneyland

*This is a review post on Hong Kong Disneyland. FYI, I went on this trip with my friend, Zhi Wei.

Hong Kong Disneyland.


Hong Kong have 2 notable theme parks, one of them is Ocean Park and the other one is Disneyland. Well, I didn't visit Ocean Park during this trip, but I will go if I am visiting Hong Kong again. Back to topic.

Entrance to the park.


Hong Kong Disneyland is quite a big theme park and I took like hours to finish touring the park. There are many snacks and souvenirs stores in the park. Other than that, every toilets/restrooms are different themed in various themed area of the park. I never really took much photos at the toilets, but it's worth to explore. Also, the food courts and restaurants are also themed according to the themed area of the park too.

Tickets offices.


Our tickets to the park.


Bakery at Main Street, U.S.A.


The park have several themed area namely Grizzly Gulch, Toy Story Land(Exclusively only in Hong Kong's Disneyland), FantasyLand, Tomorrowland, Adventureland and Main Street, U.S.A. We took our own sweet time shopping and looking for gifts and stuffs at the souvenir store. Well, it's not cheap to shop in the store, a small keychain can cost up to SGD$10.

Toy Story Land.


During my trip, we didn't tried any rides at all! I wasn't kidding, oh well...most of the attractions in the park, the waiting time is really long(around 45 mins to an hour). Besides, many of the attractions are more catered to family and children. So, what we did in the park? Hahas, we took hundred of photos, watched a parade(Flights of fantasy) and a musical(The Golden Mickeys). Last but not least, we also never missed the last amazing firework show(Disney in the stars, 2100HRS).

Mickey in Flights of fantasy.


My fave shot of the day! I love them so much, cute!! Hahas.


Short video of the footages (Disney in the Stars).

Anyway, we had our dinner at the Starliner Diner in Tomorrowland. As expected from my estimated budget, we spend around SGD$13(each) for our dinner. Other than Starliner Diner, there are also many other themed restaurants and cafes in the park such as Comet Cafe(Tomorrowland), River View Cafe(Advertureland) and so many more. Click here to find out more.

Our dinner @ Starliner Diner.


Looking for cheap but memorable gifts? Hmm, there are several Disneyland's coins-press machines around the park. These coins-press machines each have 3 different design available. Basically, you insert HKD$50 coin into the machine then chose and press the button(design) you wanted, then wait for the machine to process the Disneyland's coin. FYI, each area of the park, the coin designs are different. So, for exmaple, you visited Tomorrowland, the coin-punch machines will have character designs of Stitch, Buzz lightyear and etc;. These coin-press machines are found nearby toilets/restrooms and souvenir stores.

Coin-press machines.


Roughly, I had talked much on some of the stuffs you can expect from Hong Kong's Disneyland. I can't tell you much about the rides since I didn't really tried any. Nevertheless, the Disneyland's parade in the afternoon and The Golden Mickeys musical must not be missed. Both of the show were really awesome and great. Lastly, also don't forget to end your magical journey in Disneyland with the firework show at night.

The Golden Mickeys's entrance.


I had now come to the end of this travelogue, I hope you guys have gained some great tips and ideas of what to expect when you visit the park. Do stay tuned for my last part(Temple Street, 庙街) of this series of travelogue.

Comments

Hi Shark,

There are many choices out there from Blogger to Wordpress and so much more. I'm using Blogger, you can customize the template much more. For beginners, blogger provides the template designer for easier customization. I hope this helps you in choosing a site to blog with.

Regards,
Wei Jie