Temple Street

*This is a review post on Temple Street(庙街), Hong Kong. FYI, I went on this trip with my friend, Zhi Wei.

Street sign, Temple street(庙街).


Temple street(庙街) is a famous night market/street in Hong Kong. Other than the notable Ladies Market(女人街), Temple Street(庙街) is a great place for shopping bargains and foods. Thumbdrives, umbrellas, t-shirts and so much more are all here for your convenience. You also can find many interesting magnets, poker cards and small items which are presented with Hong Kong famous landmarks and cultures, these are some great bring-home gifts. The prices are not cheap but affordable, each magnet cost around HKD$10 (if I'm not wrong).

Walking through the street.


The magnets.


To get here, alight at Yau Ma Tei(油麻地) MTR station and follow that MTR exit signs to reach the place. Well, I brought along my guide book so everything went quite smoothly. My advice is that remember to do your research before you travel.

Well, we came here for our dinner. Gosh, it was raining all of a sudden! Somehow, Hong Kong's weather is not so predictable especially, I went there during July (Typhoon period). Anyway, we still had our dinner being persuaded by some random auntie on the street asking us to dine in...In the end, we ended up at this eatery, '鸿福堂'. I am pretty much contented with the foods, they were tasty and not bad. I am lucky that I am not conned into a black store selling lousy tasting foods. Besides, the prices isn't very expensive. For around SGD$5 - SGD$7, I got a bottle of drink(500 ML) and a main dish for dinner.

Menu of '鸿福堂'.


Homemade Chrysanthemum Tea.


Hong Kong's famous dish, '堡仔饭'.


Close-up shot of my dinner.


After our dinner, we decided to walk the night market for a little bit more before heading back to our hostel. But seriously...because of the rain, most of the tenants have closed their stores early. Dots. Well, we still get to see some stuffs and we bought some t-shirts at a store at 6 for HKD$100. Can you imagine how cheap it is? Lols, I got 2 tees(I❤HK / Bruce Lee) while Zhiwei bought 4. FYI, those tees I got for myself are pretty tight/slim fit. I like...hahas.

In my opinion, the Ladies Market(女人街) carries much more variety of stuffs as compared to Temple Street(庙街). If you want to see more things and stuffs, I think Ladies Market(女人街) will be a better option, however, Temple Street(庙街) is not as bad, it's worth the time to come down to see. I had come to the end of this travelogue series. I hope you guys had gained a lot of useful information from my trip. If you haven't read the rest of my travelogues for Hong Kong and Macau, you can click onto the links on my travelogues section on the my navigation bar on the right. (:

Comments

Tom said…
Hey WJ,

We have just finished a post about Temple Street in Hong Kong! We hope you'll enjoy the post and enjoy the shopping while you're there!

Happy travels!

Tom,
2bearbear.com