Mid-Autumn Festival

Today is a big day for the Chinese, well...I think it's also quite a day for Korean and Japanese too. Hmm, anyway, today is the day of the mid-autumn festival. Many of us call this day either lantern day, '登笼节' or mooncake festival, '月饼节'...though the actual name for it is mid-autumn festival, '中秋节'. During this very day, the Chinese will eat mooncakes, watch the moon and kids will walk around carrying lanterns.

However, not all the Chinese in the world do that these days. For Singaporean...we played with fireworks and candles instead. Taiwanese will eat BBQ during this day. Japanese don't eat mooncakes but another kind of pastry and Korean eat some kind of small dumplings. But lantern exhibitions and shows are still very popular in most of the Chinese regions.

Lantern exhibitions in Singapore.


For me, I did my usual stuffs, eat the mooncake and I had a great dinner at home with my family and relatives. Anyway, there are a lot of stories linked to this festival. Chinese legends like Chang-er are somehow connected to this very day, well, I shall not talk more about it. Also, today is also my friend, 'Poay Nee' and 'Cheryl' birthday(s). Such a coincidence, hopefully they had a blast earlier the day.

Tomorrow will be another long day at work, hopefully, everything will go fine. By the way, recently, I introduced myself with 2 mini workouts. They are the 'morning 40s' and 'evening 40s'. Basically, it's a set of 40 reps of push-ups, I got to do 1 set in the morning and 1 in the evening. Due to that, I had to work till 6 PM daily and reached home around 7+ PM, I am lazy to head out for workout. These mini workouts can help me maintain my weight.

I had come to the end of this short-short post. I shall end this post with one of my fave shot during the day. (:

Mooncake which my dad bought.


Story Closed on 30.09.2012.

Comments