A meet up with Raven

Once again, it's Monday. Anyone having blues? Hmm...hahas, hopefully this post will cheer you up a bit. Anyway, earlier in the morning, I went CMPB for medical checkup. I think you must be wondering why, well, it's because I have applied for a DXO position at Mindef and so, this medical checkup is to check whether am I physically fit for the job. The final result of the check up will be released in about one month time which will be before the date of my job commencement. Now, I only hope for the best.

Ok, yesterday, I met up with Raven to collect my altered jeans at Queensway Shopping Centre. It have been quite some time since I have seen Raven, she got a new haircut recently. I don't know whether is it suitable for her, in my opinion, it looks quite ok for her. Back to topic, we have lunch at Ikea before we left queensway for our movie at Tiong Bahru Plaza. As led by PN the last time, I became more familiar with the place and so, I brought Raven along for this time. Since Raven was a first timer, she told me that the restaurant was really interesting and unique. (Same as what I told PN the previous time, well, I guess this happens to most of the Singaporean's first-time)

Our food spread.


This time round, I ordered pretty much the same stuffs which I came the previous time but Raven ordered the beef sirloin (S$9.90 each). The table was full of plates, like seriously. Hahas. In any case, I think I won't be visiting that area for quite some time till maybe end of year or something. :(

Close-up of our foods.


After our lunch, we walked quite a long distance to Tiong Bahru Plaza for our movie. After screening the showtimes of the movies available, we decided to watch the Gangster Squad. The movie was great and I think it's one of the best movie for this month. In terms and actions and storyline, it was quite good and nice. For your information, the movie is rated NC16. With many good actors in the movie, I think it's quite worth the time and money to spend watching.

Gangster Squad.


Some screen grabs, photos credits to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1321870/mediaindex.


Movie trailer for Gangster Squad

We then ended our meetup with desserts from Dessert Story. Dessert Story is located at the basement of the mall. I ordered only sesame paste (芝麻糊) while Raven ordered glutinous rice (糯米鸡), milk pudding paste (牛奶布丁) and one mango sago (芒果西米露). Most the dessert costs $2.80, which I think it's quite affordable besides, the desserts taste quite nice too. That's pretty much about our meetup, I shall stop my words now and do drop by my blog soon for more interesting reads. :D

Happy us with our desserts.


Story Closed on 21.01.2013.

#Dessert Story, #Gangster Squad, #Ikea, #Queensway, #Food, #Movies

Comments