Dinner at Menya Musashi

It has been quite some days since I posted in the last entry. Well, time flies and we are really nearer to the Lunar New Year. Currently, I am still waiting for the call from CMPB to ask me down to sign the contract for DXO. It ain’t looking good as it’s about 5 days since the last medical checkup, I still hope for the best. I got some plans to look forward to if I ever sign on successfully…

Anyway, last evening, I met up with Raven for dinner at Orchard as it was on the way to place my timesheets at Recruit Express. We had dinner over at Menya Musashi (麺屋武蔵), Ion Orchard. Again, I had Raven treated me for the dinner…I felt so sorry for her “pocket” and so, I will definitely treat her to something nice once I got my pay if I am able to sign on successfully.

Entrance of the restaurant.


Basically, Menya Musashi is one of the popular ramen restaurant chain in Japan and now, they have expanded their business from Japan to Singapore. The restaurant’s ambience was quite nice and the dining environment was pretty comfy too. Their ramen have 3 soup bases namely, Shiroi (白), Kuroi (黑) and Akai (红). From the color of the soup base, I believed you know how the ramen going to taste like. Shiroi (白) is the miso soup base being the non-spicy one then, Kuroi (黑) is the soy sauce base being the pretty salty one and lastly, the Akai (红) is the spicy base one.

Inside the restaurant.


Nevertheless, we both had the Cha Shu Ramen which costs S$12.90 each. Raven chose the spicy soup base and I chose the miso soup base one. We completed our ramen with the meal combo which includes a drink and a side dish. We also ordered the same side dish, Bokuto Gyoza. Overall, I was quite contented with the foods. Everything was nice especially the soup base, it was really tasty. However, Raven still preferred the Ajisen’s one. I guess different people will have different perspectives and opinions, so you got to come down to try the food yourself.

My cha shu ramen.


My bokuto gyoza.


But be assured that the ramen in this restaurant are quite tasty and delicious which make it so popular in Japan. Even you don’t really eat ramen, I believed that it also won’t disappoint your tastebud. Right after our dinner, we went walking around town and then, we settled the night with a pack of fried sweet potatoes, Shihlin Taiwanese Snack at 313, Somerset.

It was quite a nice evening spent though I am really dead-tired once I reached home. For now, I wish that money will be constantly pouring into my “pocket” soon. I shall hope for the best and I am going to stop my words here then. Do drop by my blog soon for more interesting reads.

Story Closed on 01.02.2013.

#MenyaMusashi #Orchard #Ion #Japanese #Japan #foods #ramen #Singapore

Comments