Shi Fen

十份

I went Taiwan once again, this time, it’s with Wei An. This is a travel post on Shi Fen (十份), Taipei.


Shi fen (十份) is located in the Ruifang district of "新北市", Taipei. To get here, you will have to take the train heading to Pingsi (平溪), of course, you will have to get to Ruifang station first. In my previous trip (2012’s trip), I did not visit "十份" due to time constraint. However, during this trip, I finally landed my feet on "十份" and I visited the famous waterfall too.

Train arriving at "瑞芳" station.

As usual, for this trip, I also bought the one day pass for the train trips to 十份, 平溪 and 菁桐. We went to Jiu fen (九份) earlier before dropping by 十份. Interested in 九份? You can click onto the Jiu fen (九份) link on the right navigation bar for the updated travelogue. Anyway, we also released the sky lantern during this trip. Well, it’s one of the must-do, no? Some stores also sell fire crackers too. Hahas.

One day pass


One of my artistic shots from the trip.


Wei An and me.


"Huat arh!"

We spend around an hour writing on our masterpiece lantern (I think it’s quite a long time). After that, we walked to the waterfall that took us another 30 to 40 minutes. Man, it was quite a long walk. But having to see the waterfall…everything becomes so worth it. What else you can do in Shi fen then? There are also some post card stores that you can spend time to write your wishes and greetings. After you are done with the writing, you can mail it back to your Singapore’s address. That’s so amazing, yea? But normally, I wondered will I receive the post card not. Lols.

"四廣潭桥" is one of the bridges that we passed by during our way to the waterfall.


One nice shot of the waterfall.


Me with the waterfall...wees

There are also many shops that sell souvenir and gift. Other than gifts and souvenirs, you also can find snacks and foods. However, they don’t open till late. So, do fill up your tummy at either Ruifang food street or Jiu fen. Last but not least, do take note of the train timing. FYI, each trip will be an hour interval. You must plan your trip well in order to avoid missing out things you wanted to do here.

Stalls selling snacks.


The lucky mini sky lantern keychain/phone charm.


"静安桥", entrance


Long exposure shot of the rainbow led-lighted bridge with no tripod...but, I think it's still pretty.


I believed I have covered much of the things you should not miss here in Shi fen and hopefully these information will help you in your trip planning. I have come to the end of this post, do drop by for more travel posts. Before you leave, if you don’t mind, do help me click onto my Nuffnang’s advertisements located below or the one on the right navigation bar. Thank so much for your support, I will work hard to give you guys more interesting reads! :)

Comments