The Croods and Xin Wang

On the 23rd March 2013, I met up with Charleen (Long lost friend/colleague from U.R.S and Inc.) at Cathay Cineleisure. Well, I met up her for one reason, basically, I wanted to pass her the mask I bought from Taiwan. It was about 3 to 4 years since we have seen each other. Anyway, we catch up with one another life, I am glad that she's doing fine.

We have dinner over at Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe (新旺香港茶餐厅) before our movie. Rather than the usual main I ordered, I tried the bamboo rice. It was really tasty and not bad, probably, one of my fave dishes to have when I dine there. Charleen ordered the Gong Bao chicken rice with egg (宫保鸡丁饭加蛋). We spend around S$26 (2 pax) at the restaurant. I think the price is a bit steep, but the foods tasted really nice. So, I have no complains.

Xin Wang Cafe's new menu


My bamboo rice


Charleen's Gong Bao chicken rice with egg (宫保鸡丁饭加蛋)


After our dinner, we watched the new Dreamworks's production "The Croods". The movie was entertaining. The "less than 2 hours" film was nice, cute and funny. Also, it is very suitable for people of all ages. The movie took place at the age of human evolution, where caveman become clever and make use of resources to survive series of dangerous encounters. With popular voice actors such as Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone and Ryan Reynolds, the movie is one of the nice animation films this Spring. The theme song sung by big name Owl City made the movie more complete and perfect. I would recommend families and friends to catch this movie if you think G.I Joe is not so suitable for kids.

The Croods.


Screen grab from the movie


The movie's trailer


I have come to the end of this post, do drop by soon then. I shall stop my words here, ciaos.

Story Closed on 30.03.2013.

Photo Credits:
- http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BODU3NzI5ODc1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQ2NDU1OA@@._V1._SX640_SY948_.jpg
- http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjE2NTM1NzA3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzEyMDk5OA@@._V1._SX640_SY265_.jpg
- http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjI2ODI5NDY0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjEyMDk5OA@@._V1._SX640_SY265_.jpg
- http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTgwOTA2NDEzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTEyMDk5OA@@._V1._SX640_SY265_.jpg

#thecroods #xinwang #hongkong #restaurant #food #dinner #movie #cineleisure

Comments