Dinner at Lee's Taiwanese

It's Sunday once again, time flies! We are counting down to the end of the month soon where the big Sundown Marathon event will take place at the F1 race pit. It will be a wonderful run for me, this time round, I hope to achieve a record below an hour since I am running the 10KM category. It had been quite a week for me, I attended the Navy open house and seen numerous ships. This week, I also clocked the usual 10KM distance and I did an almost 2 hours gym session.

Well, June is round the corner and I am wishing that I got more time so I can head down Sentosa for a fruitful suntan session. However, it's hard to find someone who can accompany me as most of my friends were busy with studies and work. Anyway, last night, I met up with Eileen for dinner at Lee's Taiwanese, The Star Vista. We enjoyed ourselves and took up the promotion set meals. There are 2 categories of meal, one is the premium set meal which cost S$15.80 per pax while the other set meal is the deluxe set meal which cost S$18.50 (If I am not wrong...) par pax. *Each meal comes with a main dish, side dish (appetizer) and a regular drink. There are also top-up options for drinks available.

By the way, it was my second time eating there. For this time round, I ordered the minced pork rice (卤肉饭), snow bean curd (雪花豆干) and the premium green tea flavored milk tea (冰绿奶茶). While Eileen ordered the pig intestines and meat ball meesua (大肠肉丸面线), baby bak choy (烫青菜) and warm green tea. Our bill came up to around S$35 after including all the misc charges and taxes. To me, I think the foods were nice and I would recommend the minced pork rice. Thumbs up, if you are craving for Taiwanese's foods, why not drop by here to give it a try? Note: Their peak hours is from 1900 hrs to 2100 hrs.

Minced Pork Rice (卤肉饭)


Snow Bean Curd (雪花豆干)


Pig Intestines and Meat Ball Meesua (大肠肉丸面线)

After dinner, we walked around the mall. Meanwhile, we shopped for digital weighing machine. Then, we wrapped our night at Blackball. It was my first time trying the dessert out. I believed it was opened earlier this year or even last year. I had the Jiu Fen Taro Ice (九份芋丸冰) during the visit. While Eileen was watching me eat...I kept on snapping photos and describing the taste to her (Btw: Eileen was on diet (= - =)).

Jiu Fen Taro Ice (九份芋丸冰)


Me posing in front of the camera while the background shows a ghostly Eileen

Overall, it was a great dinner meet-up with Eileen. For your information, Eileen is my best sister since secondary school. She is also featured on my animated comic show on YouTube. If you have not watched my debut comic show, catch it here at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wKy4RmlFnc. I have come to the end of this weekly post, do drop by next week for more updates. :)

Story Closed on 19.05.2013.

You can read more of my previous trip(s) to Lee's Taiwanese:
- Lee's Taiwanese with Family (Nov '12)

#food, #dinner, #taiwanesecuisine, #leetaiwanese, #starvista, #buonavista, #chinese, #blackball, #dessert, #singapore

Comments

Dear Sir,

On behalf of the National Library Board (NLB), we would like to invite you to pledge your blog to the Singapore Memory Project as part of efforts to collect memories that are already manifested in existing online channels.

The Singapore Memory Project (SMP) is a national initiative to collect, preserve and provide access to Singapore’s knowledge materials. Spearheaded by NLB, the SMP aims to build a national collection of content in diverse formats (including print, audio and video), to preserve them in digital form, and make them available for discovery and research.

By pledging your blog to SMP, you are affirming that every memory matters. Whether your posts are an account of your daily life, or an expression of your thoughts, the SMP hopes to find a home for your memories so that it can help build towards an understanding of Singapore. You will also receive a badge that you can display on your blog in recognition of your contributions.

Contributors to this blog pledging initiative will be listed on Singapore Memory portal’s blog pledging webpage. All blogs pledged to SMP will archived using NLB’s web harvesting software, in addition to images of each blog’s landing page.

If you are keen to pledge your blog to SMP, simply fill up our response form at this following URL: http://singaporememory.simulation.com.sg/Public/Pledge.

You may find out more about this initiative at http://www.iremember.sg/?page_id=2822.

We are looking forward to your contribution.Do also let your fellow bloggers know about this initiative. They can pledge via the URL above.

Simulation Software & Technology (S2T) Pte Ltd
583 Orchard Road #14-02 Forum The Shopping Mall S(238884), Singapore
|w: www.simulation.com.sg