Taste of Taiwan 1.0

Before I start off this post, I want to thank Nuffnang for the free movie passes to Disney's Pixar: Monsters University 3D. I watched the movie at the Cathay on Monday (17.06.2013) and I totally enjoyed myself. For this entry, I will update you guys on Taiwanese foods which I have ate last week during my trip to IMM, J Cube and JEM. Ok, without further ado, I shall kick off this week's first post.

Last Sunday, I met up with my sister and mum to go Daiso, IMM to get some stuffs. We had late lunch at Xian Ding Wei Taiwanese Cafe (鲜定味台湾快餐). This is my third time there, for this time round, I ordered their Taiwanese fried rice ($7.80) to try while my sister ordered steamed pork patty set meal (The meal come with 3 little side dishes, white rice and soup - $7.90). The foods were tasty and nice. Although it's my third time visiting, I still haven't got tired of their milk tea (However, I should have ask them to blend in lesser sugar as it was pretty sweet). The total bill came up to S$20.50. I think it's affordable and the best thing about this cafe is that, they do not charge for their services.

Our late lunch

After our late-lunch, we walked around the mall till around 5.30 PM before exploring the new mall, JEM in Jurong East. JEM is located right beside Jurong East MRT station. Although, JEM is located at the suburb area of Singapore but it houses many international fashion brands that you can only find in the city/downtown area. These brands include H&M, Uniqlo, Topman, Topshop, Victoria's Secret and so many more.


The first impression when I visited the mall is that I don't feel cheap at all and I am wondering am I at the heart of the island instead of the west side...Other than shopping, the mall is also going to have some Cathay cinema halls in near August 2013. Also, many restaurant names like Jack's Place, Lees Taiwaneese have opened their outlets here too. That's give me more reasons to shop around the mall when I got the time. I definitely recommend my friends to hang out here some day.

After exploring the new mall, we headed to J Cube for dinner. On our way there, I bought the signature Taiwan beancurd (招牌台湾豆花) from Beanstalk (豆子物语) located at the bus interchange. It was damn delicious and tasty, I must say. The price is only S$2.00, but the bowl of dessert don't make me feel cheated at all. The beancurd is accompanied with grass jelly, pinto beans, green and red beans, roasted peanut and three taro balls! Another must eat when I visit Jurong East next time. Hahas. *Claps*

Beanstalk Signature Taiwan beancurd

More links:
- http://www.soshiok.com/article/22773
- http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/lifestyle/story/new-taiwanese-food-craze-grass-jelly-and-shaved-ice-toppings-20130302

Moving on, we had our dinner at eat at Taipei (吃在台北). Each of us ordered a main and a drink, I then added another sweet potatoes fries to wrap up our meal. The whole dinner was great and delicious, I came across many Taiwanese restaurants and I would say that this is one of the nicest ones that I have visited so far. Though, I ventured out to Taiwan for 2 times but I never get enough of their delicious and tasty foods. Hahas.

The restaurant

Back to the dinner, the meal includes spicy Taiwanese braised beef noodles (台湾牛肉面), braised minced pork rice (卤肉贩), herbal duck vermicelli (当归鸭肉面线), sweet fried potatoes (脆炸地瓜条), milk green tea (奶盖绿茶), peach green tea (水蜜桃绿茶) and also lychee green tea (荔枝绿茶). Then, the bill came up to $50.14 after adding in all the taxes and charges. I think for that price, it is quite affordable since it's a meal for 3 pax. Hmm...this is my first time trying out the restaurant and probably not my last too, since I love Taiwan so much. Hahas.

脆炸地瓜条


卤肉贩


当归鸭肉面线


台湾牛肉面

Rounding up my Taiwan's food trail, these restaurants which I visited are conveniently located at the west area of Singapore. If you are keen and wanted to know more delicious Taiwanese foods, do stay tuned for my next Taste of Taiwan post. Nevertheless, thank you all spending time reading this post. I shall stop my words here then.

Story Closed on 20.06.2013.

#Singapore #Taiwanese #Cuisine #Foods #Restaurants #Cafes #Dinner #Lunch #JEM #IMM #JCube #JurongEast #West

Photo Credits:
- https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/945131_577847575599475_728433428_n.jpg

You might also like to read up on my previous trip(s) to Xian Ding Wei:
- Lunch at Xian Ding Wei
- Soup restaurant with family

Comments