Nike, I Ran

It's Sunday again, gosh...time flies. Pay is coming in one week time, wee. Anyway, this morning, I woke up at 5 AM to prepare for the Nike run. It was a fantastic run and I managed to clock the race in within an hour! Happy much, as expected, this year's finisher will get a finisher tee. This time round, it's in white color.

The race village is filled with massage booth, baggage stations, drinks stations and of course numerous photo booth. This year race featured live performances by live bands and singers too. There were a lot of people taking part in the year's run and I estimate it at around 10K runners? Hmm, nevertheless, I really enjoyed my race. I am sorry that I knocked onto some runners or almost knocked into them...as I was speeding up and it's hard for me to break my speed.


The Race Village


Baggage Stations

So, after you crossed the finish line. You will be guided to the finisher tee's queue where you will collect bananas, drinks, water bottle and your finisher tee. It was pretty organized and I like Nike and Imagine+ putting up effort on these details too. Then, after collecting your barang-barang, you can line up for photos and ice cream at the race village. I queued for almost an hour to get my photo. It was worth it though, hahas. I was cooling down anyway...I concluded the run at around 10AM.

Happy me!

Yesterday, I met up with Eileen for dinner at the popular Jamie Oliver's restaurant at Vivocity, "Jamie's Italian". Ok, here's how it works...upon reaching your turn while queuing up at the restaurant, you will be given an estimated timing to come back, your seats will be reserved by then. Yesterday, Eileen and I were given a time-slot which is one and a half hour from the time when it was our turn. Be sure to come early or you can reserve via their contact number.

Jamie's Italian @ Vivocity

Anyway, I ordered the lamb chop steak while Eileen had the signature Jamie Oliver's Burger. The total bill came up to S$67.56 after all the taxes and service charges. Though the price range of the foods there is steep, the foods were tasty and delicious. The lamp chop is nice but the portion is quite small, so guys, if you have a huge appetite that day, you might want to go for their pasta instead. Eileen's burger was huge, she has to open up the burger and eat it separately (The photo below shows why she had to). Overall, the ambiance and experience there was a pleasant one and I love it. I will probably pop by some day to try their less-expensive dishes like pasta. :)

My Lamp Chop


Eileen's burger


Jamie's Italian from outside


Princess Eileen and Handsome Wei Jie! Hahas!


Jamie's Italian is also featured on ladyironchef!

After our dinner at Jamie Italian, Eileen and I walked the Sentosa Broadway. We found 2 restaurants there which was kind of relaxing and that we wanted to try them out someday. After walking for some time, we decided to wrap up the night at Ben & Jerry's. So we slacked at the ice cream parlour till around 10 PM before heading back home. It was nice evening spent with Eileen and I hope of more to come soon! Hmm...that's about my weekend. As for the weekdays, as usual, I go to work like normally and my running sessions. Nothing's special, yea? Ok lah, I shall stop my words here then. Please do drop by my blog soon and support me! :D

Story Closed on 03.11.13.

#nikewerun #werunsg #nikerun #nike #marathon #race #run #annualrun #singapore #sg #jamieoliver #jamiesitalian #vivocity #lunch #dinner #foods #westerncuisine #weekly #rant

You may also like to read:
- Nike We Run SG 2013 - Pre-Race
- Sundown Marathon 2013

Comments