Meetup With My Poly Cliques

This week was quite a fruitful week, I did all my usual exercise regime. Work was smooth and I hope things will continue like that. The weekend were well-spent, great. On Friday, my family and I met up with my aunt and cousin for dinner at Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe (新旺香港茶餐厅), JEM. We ordered quite a number of dishes and the bill came up to around S$105.

We waited for about 20 minutes or so for our turn to dine in. Partially the reason being that we have 5 pax in total thus, we got to wait longer. Anyway, we still enjoyed our dinner and also the dining experience. The service was okay and the waiting time for our foods was not too long which is a plus point. Thumbs up! Well, I have lost count of how many times that I have visited Xin Wang before. So, yea...some of the foods which I recommended are their bamboo rice and Mui-Fun. These doesn't cost too expensive and they're very filling.

That night, our table is filled with Chicken Curry Rice (咖哩雞肉飯), Fish Slice Mui-Fun (魚片燴飯), Sampan Congee (艇仔粥), Ying Yong Prawn Noodles (鴛鴦大蝦煎生面) "NEW", Bamboo Rice, Pan Fried Dumplings (生煎鍋貼), Belacan 4 Seasons Bean (乾扁四季豆) and our drinks. I believed that's quite a lot of dishes. Well, it's for 5 persons...so I think it's just alright. See the photos of the foods below.

Xin Wang HK Cafe @ JEM


My Bamboo Rice, yummy!


Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe @ JEM
50 Jurong Gateway Road #04-25
Singapore 608549
Tel: +65-6684 0613
Operation Hours: 11:00 - 22:30 Daily

After dinner, we walked around JEM and the newly opened "Westgate". The new mall is huge and it covers a ton of nice retail stores and restaurants. Indeed, I couldn't be more wrong to say that Jurong East is the Orchard Road in the west. With Isetan and Robinsons which has opened it doors in Westgate and JEM, residents in the West need not to head down town for supplies from these stores.

Putting that aside. Yesterday, I met up with my poly cliques Wenkai and Kahmun! We do miss Suyani, however she is quite busy these days thus, she was not able to make it to this outing. We hope she would be able to make it for the next one which probably will happen in January, next year. We met up for dinner and a singing session at Chinatown. We totally enjoyed our evening. There are so much to talk about since we have not been meeting up a lot. We talked about foods, friends, jobs and studies.

So anyway, we have dinner at Chinatown Food Centre. We ordered the famous fish-slice noodles and I totally love it. If I am not wrong, it was my first time eating there. I've never been to the centre after it was renovated nor I remembered going there before. Nevertheless, the noodles and the fish-slice were delicious and awesome! We had the 3-person share and it cost us a total of S$24 (S$8 each which I think it's pretty affordable).

魚片米粉


魚片生煎面



Happy us with our dinner!


安记广东海鲜小食
Chinatown Complex Market and Food Centre
335 Smith Street #02-132
Singapore 050335
Operation Hours: 10:00 - 22:00 Daily
*Closed on Tuesday

We also had dessert at Mei Heong Yuen Dessert (味香園) after our dinner. This is my first time visiting the dessert parlor too. We visited their Temple Street's outlet, they have 3-store spaces which can accommodates more customers these days. We ordered their Watermelon & Lychee Snow Ice (西瓜荔枝雪花冰) and Mango with Pomelo & Sago (楊枝甘露). Both of them were tasty and refreshing! I also wanted to try their seasame flavoured one some day. Other than dessert, they also carried several warm snacks such as dumplings and glutinous rice. The overall pricing of their desserts and snacks is not too expensive and I believed it's quite affordable to many of us. I would love to visit them again when I visit Chinatown next time.

Our desserts, yummy.


Mei Heong Yuen Dessert
63 - 67 Temple Street
Singapore 058611
Tel: 6221 1156
Operating Hours: 10:30 - 22:00 Daily

As for the K Session, we sang at the cheap-cheap S$10 club. The fee includes all the cover charges and taxes. The package come with free flow of drinks which is really worth every penny paid. This is my second time visiting them, I think I will try visiting them more often next time. Well, that's pretty much about my week and I hope that the food recommendation will also be part of your fave foods too. Okay, thanks for reading and be back next week for another nice post! Ciaos!

Story Closed on 08.12.2013.

#weeklypost #weekly #rants #Singapore #SG #foods #chinese #cuisine #xinwanghkcafe #xinwang #hongkong #JEM #fishslicenoodles #chinatown

Comments