Song Fa Bak Kut Teh with Family

Today is Sunday again! Gosh, time flies! In another week time, we will be celebrating the Chinese New Year. It will be a great and prominent season of the year to all the Chinese. My week has been great so far, work and exercises regime were smooth. I also did my TW research last week too. Well, I am really excited for this upcoming trip to Taiwan since this time round, I am going with my best buddy, Raven. We knew each other for about 10 years now and our friendship is still going strong! Wees!! And guess what, in December, I have decided to visit Korea with my sister, Eileen (Another BFF of my life)!

Without further ado, I shall kick start this post then. Yesterday was a busy day for me. After my usual gym session, lunch with Zhiwei and cleaning up my room...My mum and I went out for dinner at Song Fa Bak Kut Teh (鬆發肉骨茶). It was a long time since I dined at the restaurant. Yesterday, we visited them around 7.10 PM and it was their peak timing. We queued for about 10 minutes for our turn. As we got our table and seats, we ordered a bunch of delicious foods.

Dinner timing at Song Fa Bak Kut Teh (鬆發肉骨茶)

Overall, I love their soups and all the dishes. We spent a total of S$31.50 at the restaurant, it was pretty affordable as each person pays an average of S$15. The restaurant has opened it doors to customers since 1969 and now, I believed that it was the 2nd generation running the brand name and kept it going. The restaurant is conveniently located opposite The Central shopping mall (Clark Quay MRT station).

Signature Bak Kut Teh! Yummy!


Our table full of delicious and tasty dishes!


Song Fa Bak Kut Teh
11 New Bridge Road #01-01
Singapore 059383
Tel: 6533 6128

Operating Hours: Daily 0700 hrs - 2130 hrs (Closed on Mondays)
Last Order: 2115 hrs

After dinner, my mum and I walked down to Chinatown to check out the CNY goodies. Oh man...it was a disaster! There were almost crowded everywhere! Well, we did caught glimpse of festive cookies selling as low as S$4 per bottle and many other Chinese New Year's decorative. But it was really hard to get these items where people are everywhere! My suggestion, avoid coming here on weekends evening! Ok, what's the highlight here then? Of course, Bak Gua (肉乾) is the hot item here. With Lim Chee Guan (林志源) and Bee Cheng Hiang (美珍香) located here, people are coming in non-stop to check them out.

This year's lighting at Chinatown

We wrapped up our trip at the ever popular dessert parlor, Mei Heong Yuen Dessert (味香園). This time round, my mum and I ordered the Almond and Sesame Snow-Ice (杏仁芝麻) a.k.a Black and White (黑與白). The taste wasn't as great as I thought it would be, I definitely preferred the Watermelon & Lychee one (Trip with Wenkai and Kahmun). Anyway, each snow ice cost about S$6 which can be shared among 2 to 3 persons. Thumbs up!

Almond and Sesame Snow-Ice (杏仁芝麻)


Mei Heong Yuen Dessert
63 - 67 Temple Street
Singapore 058611
Tel: 6221 1156

Operating Hours: Daily 1030 hrs - 2200 hrs

Alright, I have wrapped up my week in this post and I hope you have enjoyed reading it. After next week, I will be at Malacca for Chinese New Year. Nevertheless, I will give you guys more interesting read by then with me visiting interesting cafes in Malacca. Stay tuned by then, yea? Ciaos.

Story Closed on 19.01.2014.

#weeklypost #rant #Singapore #SG #foods #dessert #clarkquay #chinatown #songfabakkuteh #鬆發肉骨茶 #meiheongyuen #味香園 #chinesenewyear #lunarnewyear

You may also like to read up :
- Finally We Met Up

Comments