Cai Hong Juan Cun (Rainbow Village)

彩虹眷村


Following the trend of painting on walls and ground of old villages, the famous old uncle in Taichung has painted a lot of them in one of the old villages. The houses and ground of the village has been painted with colorful crayons, chalks and etc;. The village is actually quite big but recently, the government has took back part of it and thus, there were only a few blocks being preserved for tourists to explore.

The village is not difficult to locate and recently, the government has built a park beside the village to accommodate family with kids. The park has a playground facility and restrooms too. Now, it still attracts a lot of the locals and tourists too. In the village, there sits a small store selling merchandises of the rainbow village. From postcards to tees, they are all very beautiful art pieces of the remains of the village.

The Rainbow Village Park


Painted Rocking-Horse, thus, the year of the horse!


The small shop

To get here from the Taichung train station is easy, simply take bus 56 and alight at "岭东高中". Walk a distance and you will reach the village. See my map below to navigate yourself to the park. I have nothing much to blog about this place so I shall let the photos to speak for the places itself.

The map which I created through Google Maps! Hope that it will help you too!


Pretty painted "Transformer" helmets and ukulele!


Me with the beautiful painted wall of the village.


One of the pretty wall paintings I found!


Raven feeling emotional in this photo, hahas!


Caught sight of a solo artist singing and performing!


台中彩虹眷村
台中市南屯區春安路56巷(台中嶺東科技大學旁)

Also featured on "食尚玩家" and "自由脚步2"!

Read about other Taiwanese blogger's takes!!
- http://viablog.okmall.tw/blogview.php?blogid=379 (Via's旅行札記)
- http://tinyurl.com/nmc7sq6 (buuzkuo)

Anyway, do not mix up this place with the one in Kaohsiung. The Kaohsiung's one has been demolished and I am so sad that I missed it. Nevertheless, both the villages are beautiful and they should be preserved. I have come to the end of this travel post, I hope you have enjoyed reading and seeing the photos I took. If you like the place, I think you guys should pay them a visit, no? Hahas. Ciaos!

Story Closed on 18.03.2014.

Comments

kelly said…
Very lovely pics and post! Have seen many pics of Taichung that friends have sent me. Am so going there this Dec although I've been told Taichung is harder to travel.