National Museum of Fine Arts

國立台灣美術館


Good morning, readers! It's Tuesday! 3 more days to the weekend, hang in there, yea? Anyway, I am back here for another travel post! Feeling excited? Hahas, without further ado, let's start! In today's post, I will blog about my visit to Taichung's National Museum of Fine Arts. The arts museum is really big and also the management forbids photo-taking in the exhibition halls like most of the exhibitions you would expect in most museums.

The museum consists of an outdoor park with artistic sculptures and ornaments, an art library, a souvenir store, a pretty cafe and also a number of exhibition halls. Discover your creativeness and inspirations through visiting the museum! There are always new exhibitions for locals, visitors and tourists to explore every now and then. I estimated that each exhibition there will be held for few weeks to about 3 to 4 months. Alike to our local museums, they are have guides, brochures and friendly staffs to assist you around. Thumbs up for that!

One of the creative sculptures I found at the outdoor park! It spells my name's initial!

Consolidated photos of the outdoor park


One of the another creative shots of mine, taken inside the indoor museum


Preview of Joan Miro's Woman. Birds. Stars exhibition!

If you are an art lover, I believed this is one of the museums in Taiwan that you shouldn't miss. Other than just paintings, the museum also have craved sculptures and ornaments in their indoor museum. The museum also host various school tours for the local schools at times too. Hahas, you may see kids around then? In my opinion, the museum is one of the must-visit museums in Taiwan.

There is no entrance fees for the museum and thus, I think this is a great place for tourists on low budget. To see Taiwanese artistes works and art pieces, sometimes, you got to pay for it (the exhibition). But when it's free, I think it attracts more people to visit the museum, no? To get here from Taichung train station, navigate yourself to the bus stop (干城站) and take bus number 56. After which, alight from the bus at the museum bus stop (美術館(五權西路)). See below for the map!

Map which I drafted out using Google Map, hope it will help you! :)


國立台灣美術館
403台中市西區五權西路一段2號

Operation Hours
Tue-Fri - 09:00~17:00
Weekends - 09:00~18:00
(Closed on Mondays)

Google is your best friend, agree? Hahas. I have come to the end of this short travel post, I hope that you guys have enjoyed reading it. I will be giving you guys more and more interesting reads in the coming weeks and please do drop by to support, yea? Ciaos!

Story Closed on 25.03.14.

Photo Credits:
- http://photo.network.com.tw/scenery/493B60B2-0EB4-4A61-8FFC-1F88948D0F54_d.jpg

Comments