Skinny Pizza with the Helloos

Afternoon peeps! It's Sunday again, I am back here for another weekly update! The coming week will be another short week, no? Labour Day is on the Thursday and I believed most of us will be taking the Friday off/leave to make it a super-long weekend? Hahas. Putting that aside now, my week was good. As usual, I went through all my training for Sundown and my gym regime well enough. Work also went pretty much smoothly for me too, I am counting down to July! July will be a busy month for me, with ICT blocking my first week and school starting on the last week. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to it! Japanese lessons went pretty much okay, I am intending to further my studies on it once I am done with stage one.

Ok, enough of my weekly rants. Yesterday, I met up with the Helloos for lunch at Skinny Pizza, Westgate. Seowhui was really late. We waited for about 20 mins at the restaurant before we started ordering our foods. However, the staffs were friendly enough to wait for us too. Well, it will be so awkward if we stayed there for so long and did not order any foods from them. Anyway, we ordered spaghetti, truffle fries and a skinny pizza to share. Our bill came up to around S$171 and thus, each of us pays around S$34. I believed the price tag is pretty steep for most of us here, but, once in a while, it should be fine?

Skinny Pizza at Westgate


The Helloos called it a "Department Cohesion"! Hahas!

The skinny pizza we had was the "Little Tokyo". The taste was okay but most of us don't really like it because it feels like eating chips? Hahas. But I think this one is based on ones taste-bud too. Some people may like it and some people may not. The spaghetti was tasty though. There are several choices of spaghetti/pasta available and one cost around S$22 to S$34 (Prices is quoted as at 26 April 2014). Lastly, review on the truffle fries. Hmm, the fries is something I may like afterall. It's not very salty and tasted quite addictive too. Hahas. Overall, I would give Skinny Pizza "4 thumbs up" for the foods and services!

Our truffle fries...Hmm!

Our "Little Tokyo"


My aglio olio with bacon!



Dixon's mushroom risotto


Skinny Pizza, Westgate
3 Gateway Drive #01-03
Singapore 608532
Tel: +65 64659908

Operation Hours
Daily: 1100 - 2200HRS (Last Order at 2130HRS)

In the evening, I brought my mum for movie (Cap. America) and dinner at Eat at Taipei, J Cube. We had a great dinner there, this is my second time to the restaurant. The foods tasted really good as usual, I ordered their popular Minced Pork Rice (滷肉飯) while my mum has the Taichung fried rice (台中蛋炒飯). We also ordered their Coffin's Money (台南棺材板) to try too, hmm...I must say it's really nice though it cost S$9.90. Our bill came up to around S$44++, I think the price is still affordable. After dinner, my mum and I walked around the mall before the movie which starts at 2100 HRS.

My dinner, "滷肉飯"!


Other photos I took during my visit


Eat at Taipei, J Cube
2 Jurong East Central 1 #03-18
Singapore 609731
Tel: 6684 3032

Operation Hours
Daily: 1200 HRS - 2200 HRS

That's pretty much about my week. I have come to the end of this post. I hope you have enjoyed reading it and be sure to drop by again next week for another update! For now, ciaos!!

Story Closed on 27.04.2014.

#weeklyupdate #weeklypost #wjalmighty #rants #foods #lunch #dinner #skinnypizza #pizza #spaghetti #westerncuisine #eatattaipei #mincedporkrice #friedrice #chinesecuisine #jcube #westgate #singapore #sg

Comments

Jan Jee said…
Hi Wilis,

Your blog is amazing! I'd love to be in touch with you.
Would it be possible for you to drop me an email at janecjj_92@hotmail.com?

Thanks,
Jan Jee