End of July, Start of August

It's Sunday again, yes! I am back here for another quick weekly brief. Well, my first module of my university journey officially started on Saturday! It's Business Skills and Management for this term, I had 2 great lessons earlier on Saturday and this afternoon. I shall go briefly on what I have learned so far. Basically, I touched on speed reading and mind mapping. I also brushed a bit on organisational structure too. I shall not go in depth to these in this post, but if you guys need any information on these. Do contact me, I am willing to share what I have on hand. Hahas.

Anyway, putting that aside, my work went pretty smoothly for this week too. Though, there are still some documents at work which I needed to get rid off over the coming week. I just hope to clear them soon and focus more on my studies and travel planning. Over the weekend, I also watched the latest Dwayne Johnson (a.k.a The Rock)'s movie, The Hercules with my mum. The movie was not bad, but it's a pity that in the movie, The Rock did not displayed much of his god-mighty super strength power which he have.


"Fourteen hundred years BCE, a tormented soul walked the earth that was neither man nor god. Hercules was the powerful son of the god king Zeus, for this he received nothing but suffering his entire life. After twelve arduous labours and the loss of his family, this dark, world-weary soul turned his back on the gods finding his only solace in bloody battle. Over the years he warmed to the company of six similar souls, their only bond being their love of fighting and presence of death. These men and women never question where they go to fight or why or whom, just how much they will be paid. Now the King of Thrace has hired these mercenaries to train his men to become the greatest army of all time. It is time for this bunch of lost souls to finally have their eyes opened to how far they have fallen when they must train an army to become as ruthless and blood thirsty as their reputation has become." Cited from IMDb.com.

Screen grab from the movie


Movie trailer

The movie was not just filled with fighting scenes but also quite a number of funny moments which make this movie much enjoyable too. Overall, I would give this movie 4 thumbs up out of 5. Before the movie, my mum and I had a nice dinner at Xin Wang HK Cafe at JEM. This time round, I ordered something different. It's Macau's fried noodles with chicken chop and my mum had the creamy spaghetti with chicken chop. We also tried their red bean ice kacang too. The foods were delicious but it'a pity that they cooled down real fast due to the air-con in the mall/restaurant. Still, my mum and I did enjoyed our meal there. I guess I have pretty much summarized my week, hmm, guess I shall stop here? Thanks for dropping by! :)

Our dinner

Story Closed on 27.07.2014.

#weeklyupdate #weeklypost #wjalmighty #singapore #sg #movies #hercules #therock #DwayneJohnson #xinwanghkcafe #foods #chinese #hongkong #chinesecuisine #jem

Photo Credits:
- http://www.aktin.cz/obrazky/thumb/23604.jpg
- http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNTkyNTQ1OTY5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjU4NzMyMjE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
- http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTQzOTAwMjQ2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzY4NzMyMjE@._V1__SX640_SY720_.jpg
- http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTQ2NzQyMDM5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzQ4NzMyMjE@._V1__SX640_SY720_.jpg
- http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTQzMjM1MjQ2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjc4NzMyMjE@._V1__SX640_SY720_.jpg

Comments