How I spent my national day

It's Sunday again, I am back here for another quick weekly update! Some of the awesome movies just released this week, the Ninja Turtles and the more recent Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy! Woots, well. I just watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night and it was awesome! I must say it is a must-watch Marvel movie of the year. Hahas!! CG was great as usual and storyline was good too. A lot nice elements come falling in now.


Though, we know that the comics and movies are not tying in to one another but the characters concepts are following one another. So, I did explained why Iron Man was not included in this film? Oops...if you are not a Marvel fan, maybe you don't get it? By rumored, Iron Man supposed to meet up with the Guardians of the Galaxy in the after-credits of The Avengers movie due to the storyline where both meets in the comic. Alright, putting that aside for now. I shall briefing go through my insights from this film.

Guardians of the Galaxy is like the avengers but space version! Hahas. So, in this team, there are humans, aliens, gods and blars blars. The roster is also pretty much changing like The Avengers too. The main 5 characters of this movie is Star Lord a.k.a Peter Quill (Chris Pratt), Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Drax The Destroyer (Dave Bautista), Groot (Vin Diesel) and Rocket (Bradley Cooper). This is the current team members we have for the first film. In this one, they faced Ronan the Accuser (Lee Pace) for the stolen orb (Power Stone). We also see much of Thanos (Josh Brolin) here, he is really one bad-ass boss of the Marvel Universe. I shall not go into how the film goes, you should go catch it yourself.

Screen grabs from the film

For many non-Marvel fans, I shall briefly drop hints on the possible Guardians of the Galaxy's new members. You will see a space dog in the film. The dog is Cosmo, he will eventually join the ranks of the Guardians. Next, we may see Adam Warlock a.k.a Him and Beta Ray Bill too. In the animated series, we also see Quasar a.k.a. Martyr, so I believed that she will be another member we may see in the sequel. We also may see Marvel introducing Major Victory a.k.a Vance Astro (Founding member of the original Guardians of the Galaxy) too.

Moving to the after-credits, don't bother to stay all the way for this one, I must say. It's a short conversation between Howard the Duck and The Collector. So, yea? What does this entails? I believed a possible Ghost-Rider reboot with Howard in it (For those who read the comics)? It also shows that Warlock's containment cell has broke, it implies we may see him real soon. Alright, I guess that's enough tease for you guys to catch the movie?

Trailer for the movie

Yesterday is also our country's birthday! It's 9th of August, Singapore has just turned 49 year-old! It's a long journey from the past to what we have now. I guess we should appreciate the nation hard work and effort in developing this small country. Nevertheless, happy national day!! I had a great weekend, work and studies was still okay. I am also keeping up well for the upcoming 10KM run for the AHM 2014. Hmm...Okay, I guess that's it? Before I ended, I shall post some photos of my dinner at Menya Musashi last night. *Price quoted are exclusive of taxes and service charges

Menya Musashi (麺屋武蔵) @ Westgate


My white Cha-Chu Ramen meal ($18.90)



Menya Musashi (麺屋武蔵) @ Westgate
3 Gateway Drive #02-07 
Singapore 608532
Tel: 6465 9381
Mon to Sun: 1130 HRS - 2200 HRS

#weeklyupdate #weeklypost #wjalmighty #dinner #MenyaMusashi #Westgate #Singapore #sg #japanesecuisine #lunch #ramen #gyoza #foods #movies #marvel #guardiansofthegalaxy #starlord #drax #gamora #rocket #groot #teaser #film

Photo Credits:
- http://jjalbang.kr/halasu/vxirjg294.jpg
- http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTkxMjA2Mjk2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzYxOTMyMjE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
- http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjA0NDU4NjU1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODYxOTMyMjE@._V1__SX640_SY720_.jpg
- http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNzUzNDk3MjM4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjkxOTMyMjE@._V1__SX640_SY720_.jpg
- http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTM5ODMxMTYwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDAwMDMyMTE@._V1__SX640_SY720_.jpg

Comments