Wheeler's Yard with Poly Cliques

Hello peeps, it's Sunday again! I am back here for another weekly update. This week was another usual week like any other, I did all my training sessions and I'm done with my study quiz and assignments. Last Saturday, I met up with Wenkai and Kahmun after some long months. We had dinner at Wheeler's Yard and dessert at Udders after that. It was my first time to Wheeler's Yard, it was one of the remote cafes in Singapore. I guess, by walking from the nearby MRT station will take about 10 minutes? Wheeler's Yard is located at 28 Lor Ampas which is nearby Balestier area.


The cafe occupies a small part of the place while the rest of the cafe is actually a bicycle store/workhouse where the owner sells and repairs bicycle. It's an interesting concept as sometimes people may come here to repair their bicycle and as they are waiting for their bike to be repaired, they can sit at the cafe for a cup of coffee or a light meal. Recently, they also provide rental bikes. I wondered how they charge for each hour.

Bicycles!!

The cafe is manned by mostly young teenagers and they are all very helpful and cheerful too. They provided good services though they don't charge for their services. Mainly, the reason behind that is that you have to collect your foods at the counter yourself. Anyway, coming to foods, they have a variety of Italian dishes such as pizzas and spaghetti. They also sell coffee and cakes too. For light snack, they have truffles fries and chicken wings too. The cafe is air-conditioned and they have a very comfy setting which you will feel relaxed. One can easily spent an hour or so here with the accompany of foods and drinks.

Inside the cafe


My dinner, Prawn Aglio Olio


Truffle Fries

Overall, it is one of the nicest cafes you can find in Singapore and definitely worth a visit. Though their pricing may be steep to some of us but they are still affordable. There are free flow of ice water too, so you need not order a drink to soothe your thirst. Their truffle fries are not nice, don't bother to order...Kahmun and I regretted when we tasted them. In my opinion, so far, the best truffle fries are from Skinny Pizza.

Must-take photo when visiting Wheeler's Yard!


Wheeler's Yard
28 Lorong Ampas, Singapore 328781

Operation Hours (Hrs)
Tue - Thu: 10:30 - 22:00
Fri - Sat: 10:30 - 23:00
Sun: 10:30 - 22:00

Wrapping up my week here, I think it's a well-spent good week and the following, I will be planning my Japan's trip in November. Alright, till then, be back soon! :)

Story Closed on 21.09.2014.

#weeklyupdate #weeklypost #wjalmighty #singapore #sg #wheelersyard #western #spaghetti #trufflefries #balestier #lorampas #foods #cafes #restaurants

Comments