Wat Pho


Last Christmas, I visited Bangkok with Zhiwei. The trip is an impromptu one as we are still deciding where to hang out during Christmas. Who knows, we chose to travel! Our trip lasted 3 nights and it was overall, a great trip! Anyway, I am going to start the first travel post with Wat Pho.

Wat Pho is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Bangkok. Our first day, we headed to Wat Pho because it's a weekday and we thought that it would be less crowded. So we woke up early in the morning to have breakfast at our hotel then headed to the attraction. We take things pretty slow this time round as we know Bangkok is more of a shopping paradise than a sightseeing one.

To get to Wat Pho, we have to drop by the ferry station to take a ferry to the Wat Pho area. The metro trip take about 20 mins from our hotel and it cost about S$1.00 per trip? The ferry to Wat Pho cost another 40 bahts. We enjoyed the river cruise to Wat Pho as the ferry would stop by several station before reaching Wat Pho.

: Direction :
Silom Station > Saphan Taksin Station > Ferry > Tien Pier

On ferry to Wat Pho, sightseeing too!~


Reached shore, stalls setup outside the ferry terminal


Our tickets


The entry to Wat Pho cost 100 bahts and complimentary mineral water was provided during my visit. I was pretty glad because the weather turned quite warm in the afternoon. There are many street stores around the Wat Pho area and you can easily spot drinks and foods everywhere.

Coming to Wat Pho, the main objective is to witness the huge reclining Buddha. I was amazed by the size of it and I took several photos with it during my visit. There are also many other smaller temples in Wat Pho which I didn't went explore as I think they would be pretty similar to one another. We spent about an hour or so at Wat Pho before we left for our next destination.

Spotted this mini waterfall just right in front of the temple


The famous Reclining Buddha!


Souvenir store


I think that's pretty much about my visit to Wat Pho. If you are interested to know more, do drop by soon as I will be sharing where I have visited during this trip! Stay tuned, see you all soon!~

Story Closed on 08.05.2015.

#travelogues #wjalmighty #thailand #bangkok #travels #watpho #recliningbuddha #whattosee #whattodo #whattobuy

Comments