Universal Studios Singapore 2015


Evening peeps! As I mentioned on Friday, I am back here to blog about my recent visit to Universal Studios Singapore! It had been about 4 years since my first visit and the theme park has added on many new attractions. The 1-day adult ticket to the park cost S$74. There is this ongoing promotion for Mastercard holder which let them get the tickets at $65 instead. Note: Only for purchase from 24 Jul to 31 Dec 2015, park visit from 1 Aug to 31 Dec 2015.

So I toured the park in an anti-clockwise direction, my first stop is Hollywood! The Hollywood area housed the popular "Pantages". The Pantages played host to several stage shows in USS, notably, The Sesame Street Show: When I Grow Up. This area also housed a number of souvenir stores. There is even a Starbucks here now, it was not here during my visit in 2011. Right next to the Hollywood area is New York City! This area is home to the popular "Lights, Camera and Action" attraction. The attraction is actually a 4D experience show hosted by Steven Spielberg. Adding to the area is a new ride attraction for kids, the Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase. I spent about an hour at this area before moving on.

Universal Studios Store @ Hollywood


Happy me with Woody Wood Peckers!~


Selfies!! Churros is one of the must-eats in USS!


Lights, Camera, Action!


Inside the first room


New kids ride! Spaghetti Space Chase!!


Cute Merchandise Store

Second stop is the Sci-Fi city! This is where you will be able to try out the Transformer ride, take photos with the transformers and of course, the most exciting and heart-throbbing Human and Cyclone roller coasters from Battlestar Galactica too! This year, I only took the Cyclone ride as I already tried the Human ride during my last visit. Before the 2-hour waiting time, you have to go deposit your bags, small items and metallic objects inside the locker available beside the attraction entrance.

The new Transformer ride!


Decor around the facilities


Cool Merchandise Store!


More photos!!~


My virgin Cyclone ride, 2 hours for less than a minute ride!~


Third stop is the ancient Egypt area where you will be able to ride the next exciting coaster of the park, Revenge of the Mummy. This ride is superb fun, I must say and the 4D experience is really good. I had tried the ride during my last visit and thus, I did not pay the attraction a visit this year too. Before I go further, I must inform you guys that every area of the park has its own food court (Similar) and each has its own theme! For example, in the Ancient Egypt area, there is this Oasis Spice Cafe which sell middle-eastern cuisine.

Indeed, very magnificent mummy's statues

Forth stop is The Lost World!! This area is one of the famous ones due to the magnificent dinosaurs here! In this area, you will be able to experience the Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure's water ride and the exciting Canopy's flyer. The Waterworld play host to one of the shows in USS. The show consist of explosions, stunts and many water splashing goodness. It's a pity that I missed both of the shows on my visit due to the haze condition. Here, you can also dine at the Discovery Food Court.

Jurassic Park!


Anyone care for some fossil fuels? Hahas!

My fifth stop is at Far Far Away area. This area is home to our fave Shrek and his friends. The latest attraction of the park is located here, The Puss in Boots Giant Journey's roller coaster ride. The estimated waiting time that day was about 20 mins, not too long eh? Hahas. Coming here, never forget to drop by the castle theatre where you can catch Shrek 4D-Adventure show. I had my brunch at Friar's. At Friar's, an average meal cost about S$10++. I love the chicken and chips, they are amazingly quite tasty. Before you leave the Castle area, you should give the Enchanted Airways roller coaster ride a try. This mild ride will be a breather from all the exciting coaster rides you have tried so far.

Entrance to the Castle land!


My brunch for the day


Very beautiful castle building, I must say


Puss in the Boots ride!!



My very first photo with Pinocchio!

Last but not least, my last stop is Madagascar area of the park. Here, you will be able to ride on the river boat at the Madagascar's Crate Adventure. This ride is a short one and very mild, it's very suitable for kids, I must say! You will also be able to watch the Madagascar's Boogie show here at selected timing.


Happy me with the Penguins of Madagascar!


Another interesting souvenir store


More seflies!!


Universal Studios Singapore @ Resort World Sentosa
Universal Studios Singapore
8 Sentosa Gateway,
Sentosa Island, Singapore 098269

Operation Hours varies every month, click below to explore more!
http://www.rwsentosa.com/language/en-US/Homepage/Attractions/UniversalStudiosSingapore

I wrapped up day with the performance by The Cruisers at Hollywood's area. Of course, no theme park experience is completed without souvenirs. I got myself a key chain and a fridge magnet during this trip. I hope my insights and photos from this trip will be useful to you. Be sure to drop by soon for more travelogues as I will be starting to blog about my recent Taiwan trip really soon! :)

Short preview of the performance by The Cruisers


Click below to read about my previous trip!
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2011/07/universal-studios-singapore.html

Even the famous '食尚玩家' and '愛玩客' is featuring our first international themed park!

Story Closed on 20.09.2015.

#wjalmighty #travelogues #Singapore #sg #sentosa #universalstudiossingapore #USS #travels #thingstosee #thingstodo #thingstoeat #thingstobuy

Comments