Lan Yang Museum


Afternoon peeps! It's Sunday, I am back for a new travel post! As promised, I will be posting all my travel posts on my recent Taiwan trip. Today, I will be posting about the popular Lan Yang Museum in Yilan. Anyway, this is my first time to Yilan and it was a wonderful day trip, I must say? Hahas.

Beautiful view from outside


Happy me!


Okay, we took a cab from our first destination, Yilan train station (宜蘭火車站) to Lan Yan Museum (蘭陽博物館). It cost us about NT$100? It was so long that I can vividly remember the actual fare. Hahas, so sorry about that. Anyway, to enter the museum to explore the artifacts and stuffs, you have to purchase a ticket at the information counter. There is this machine by the side where you can use your you-you card (悠遊卡) to purchase the ticket.

Our tickets to the museum


The interior of the museum

Inside the museum, it housed the culture of olden Yilan days, the natural formation of the environment, animal habitats and etc;. It is about 4 levels of interesting stories, artifacts and stuffs. I particularly love the part where you can see the animal habitats and the hot spring theory/details of Jiaoxi (礁溪) town.

View of turtle island from the museum


Spotted this cute bird model, looks real?



Tools used in the old yilan days



The cold spring and hot spring panels


Lan Yang Museum (蘭陽博物館)
宜蘭縣頭城鎮青雲路三段750號
Open daily: 0900 hrs to 1700 hrs
(Closed on Wednesdays)
http://www.lym.gov.tw/ch/Index/index.asp

To get to the museum, you can hire a cab like us or you can take the shuttle bus from Yilan train station. If I am not wrong, the shuttle bus (Bus Service: 131) is free however, the waiting time is bit turn off? Hahas. Before I left the museum, I bought a postcard at the souvenir store to remember my visit. That's pretty much about my stay at the museum.

Story Closed on 04.10.2015.

#wjalmighty #willistravels #wjtravels #travelogue #travel #taiwan #yilan #thingstodo #thingstosee #lanyangmuseum

Photo Credits:
- http://marinaotte.com.br/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/lanyang-museum1.png

Comments