Miao Kou Night Market (2015)


Evening peeps! I'm back from my Japan trip last week and I was busy with some photo editing and stuffs. Anyway, I am back here to share a new post on my recent trip to Miao Kou Night Market (廟口夜市)! Miao Kou Night Market is one of the popular ones in Taipei area. This market is located just nearby Keelung train station and consists of good foods and some fair shopping.

Many popular Taiwanese shows often patronises this market. The foods here are tasty and affordable. There are many variety too. Miao Kou night market have the most of the usual and traditional Taiwanese street foods as compared to Shihlin and Feng Jia (Taichung). From my experience, Miao Kou have many of the nice delights such as the braised pork rice, mee sua, smelly tofu etc;. But less of the creative street snacks we would find in bigger night market. Nevertheless, the foods here are still tasty. Since it's nearby the port, seafood are popular too.

My fave combo


Braised Pork Rice!


The marinated tofu, yummy!~


Also one of the hits here!

Other than foods, Miao Kou also offers a fair weight of shopping experiences. You can find cosmetics, accessories, umbrellas and little plushies, keychains etc; here. Other than these, I also noted that there are some massage parlours around too. I didn't really went to check out the rates but maybe you guys can go check them out.

To get to Miao Kou night market is a simple feat, take the train from Taipei main station and alight off at Keelung station. Now, you can use your Easycard (悠遊卡) to access these areas. Once alighted at Keelung station, follow the trail towards the Keelung habour. Along the habour, walk till you reached a Mcdonalds', turn right and continue on straight till you reach the night market.

Enjoying sea breeze at the habour


At the habour...


Another shot

I guess I have roughly wrapped up what to do here. It's time for me to end this short travel post. I hope you guys love this and be sure to share with your friends too!

Click below to read about my previous visit!
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2013/03/keelung-miao-kou-night-market.html

Story Closed on 03.12.2015.

#travelogue #travels #wjalmighty #taiwan #taipei #keelung #miaokounightmarket #nightmarket #foods #thingstosee #thingstodo #thingstobuy

Comments