Dinner at Menmaru


Afternoon peeps! It's Sunday, I am back for another weekly update. In this post, I will be sharing about Menmaru which is one of my fave dinner places in town. Menmaru, "めん丸", is a Japanese cuisine food joint located in Shaw House's Food Republic. Currently, I think it only has an outlet in town. But I hope it will expand into more food courts like Udon Goen did.

Menmaru is famous for its Udon and it's one of the must-eats when one visit. Another must-eat is their fried vegetables or I called them Yakimono (焼き物). Since the food joint is located in food court, the pricing is really affordable. Most of the main courses is below S$10.00 (¥800.00 以下) and there is no further service charge or taxes on top of it.

Menmaru's signature Udon and its popular fried vegetable ring

Other than its Udon, Japanese cuisine lovers can also try out their ramen and dons too. I recommend trying out their Oyako Don (親子丼) which cost a flat S$6.80 (Approx. ¥550.00). Ala Carte don(s) comes with miso soup too. Food republic also offered many other nice foods which I have yet to cover in my blog. I will find time to check them out and share! Hahas. Since my blog is very focused on Japanese and Singaporean stuffs, I may be a bit bias on stuffs (Sorry...Oops)? Hahas.

Oyako Don


Close up of the don

I have come to the end of this short post. I hope you guys enjoyed this short post. Be sure to check back in for another update soon! :)

Menmaru's Shop front


Menumaru @ Food Republic
350 Orchard Road #B1-02
Singapore 238868
Opens daily: 1000 hrs to 2200 hrs

Story Closed on 26.02.2017.

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdate #weeklypost #japanesecuisine #yakimono #udon #ramen #oyakodon #cheapfinds #onabudget #singapore #sg #orchardroad

Photo Credits:
- http://danielfooddiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/menmaru5.jpg

Comments