Sabar, Japan Food Town


Evening peeps, it's Sunday. I am back for another quick weekly update. Anyway, in this post, I will sharing about my visit to Sabar, Japan Food Town. It's been a while since my last visit to Japan Food Town. If you have no idea, Japan Food Town is one of the newest Japanese food spots in Orchard and located in Wisma shopping centre. Here, housed a number of Japanese restaurants and Sabar is one of them.

Sabar is famous for its Aomori seafood. As the name suggested, Sabar is a type of fish and thus, its signature dish is none other than its Sabar grilled fish. I visited the restaurant on their Sabar's Day which falls on every 13th of each month. On this day, their signature dish goes on 50% discount which is really worth it! (お得!) Hahas. I met up with Sayana and she treated me to dinner as a gesture to celebrate my graduation last Wednesday. I was really glad that I met Sayana. She was a really good Japanese friend of mine. :D


The internal of the restaurant

We ordered the poached egg with potato salad too. It was a decent side dish. I was surprised when Sayana told me eggs in Japan were white in color. I always though eggs were in brown or peach color. Well, I guess I will head to Japanese's supermarket more often to see it for myself. Hahas. Anyway, during our visit, there are so many people and it was really crowded as everyone came for the 50% promotion. Other than their grilled fish set, their seafood don was really attractive too as the price goes under S$20!

Our first drink for the evening


Really cute chopstick with Sabar's imprint on it.


Really tasty potato salad


My dinner is here! Signature grilled Sabar!


Very cute canned foods. In Japanese, we say "Kan-tsu-me" (缶詰).

After dinner, I met Bill and we had a long chat at Japan Bar which is right beside Sabar. Do you know you can order foods from Sabar when you are at Japan Bar? I learnt something new. I bid goodbye to Sayana and Bill at around 2300 hrs and headed home after that. I enjoyed myself and glad we met up! Anyway, I have come to the end of this brief food review post. I hope you guys gained another nice food spot on your weekend list. See you guys soon!

Thanks, Sayana, Bill! Till we meet again! :D

Story Closed on 28.10.2018.

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #singapore #sg #orchardroad #wisma #japanfoodtown #sabar #grilledfish #japanesecuisine #dinner #thingstoeat

Comments