Run Nila Run 2020

Afternoon peeps! It's been a while since I blogged. Apologies for missing in actions for so long. I will try to be much pro-active after completing my assignments for my Masters programme. In today's post, I will be sharing about my run experience for the recent "Run Nila Run". Unlike its predecessors, this year's edition was held virtually due to the Covid-19 situation.

The race fees is as low as S$10.00 with additional options to add on merchandises from Sports Singapore. For me, I didn't added on any additional merchandises. The regular entry provide runners with an e-bib, e-certificate and a finisher medal. The race was held between July and August to commemorate Singapore's Independence and nonetheless, Singapore's National Day. This time round, I also took part in the 10 KM category and completed the race at the backdoor of my home.

The medal's design


Add-on Keychain

The collaboration with 42race provided a seamless registration process. As an existing member, I am not required to go through the hassle to input my information on the registration page. It's as simple as clicks. The medal took a while to arrive probably due to the high race demands. Afterall, it's Singapore's 55th birthday.

My medal with MBS in the background


My race result

Overall, I am satisfied with the organising of the race though the race medal may be more solidified. I am looking forward to my virtual challenge and race. It's a bit disappointing that runners have to take part in virtual races these days due to the Covid-19 situation but it's for the good for everyone. Stay safe and let's hope we can overcome this soon. 2020 is coming to an end soon.

Story Closed on 04.10.2020.

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #42race #singapore #sg #runnilarun #sportssingapore #wjrunning #running #jogging #virtualraces #races

Comments