Journey to getting my driving license

Evening peeps, it's been months since my last posts. Many apologies for the hiatus on this. As usual, I am busy with my assignments and work these few months. In today's post, I will be sharing on my journey to getting my driving license.

In Singapore, there are basically 2 options to earning your driving license. One is going through private lessons which cost cheaper while the other option is through public driving schools. I went with option 2, through Bukit Batok Driving Centre (BBDC). Lesson fees has risen over the years and today, it cost about $77 to $80 per lesson. The pros about learning with the school is they have a lot of lessons focusing on circuit courses which the actual practical test will based heavily on.

I failed 2 times during my journey to getting my driving license. This is mainly due to the road driving whereby, you need experiences driving on the actual road. This may be a disadvantage for school learners as this component is much difficult to train in. However, after which, learners can opted to train more on the road component during the revision lessons. This helps learner to gain experiences and be confidence.

One of the nicest sunsets on my lesson day.

School instructors can be fixed if you chose the fixed group instructors route however, you will need to pay a little bit more for lessons. Nevertheless, I didn't went through that option. All my lessons were trained by different instructors. Each instructors have their own teaching style and guidances. My advice is to be always humble and listen, be open minded. Overall, I did spent quite a lot to getting my license. But it's all worth it.

First photo with my own car.

Today, I am driving my new car from home to office. There are much more to learn and stay focused about. When driving, be alert and watch out for common points. Learning about the 45 degree parking's turning point, lane changing, accelerates when required...there are many many things about driving which I am still learning today. I have come to the end of this short post. I hope my experience will motivate you to start your driving journey too. Gambatte!

Story Closed on 25.06.2021.

#wjalmighty #weeklyposts #monthlyposts #singapore #sg #driving #adulthood #saturdays #reviews

Comments