Truly Malaysia (Malacca)

Note: This is an updated post. I am revamping this post to be better for all readers who are going Malaysia for holidays. :D

After my stay at Kuala Lumpur, i headed down Malacca to visit my grandparents and therefore, my lodging are free. Hahas. My first meal at Malacca...eat Mcdonald's, my cousin and me was having lunch while waiting for our Malaysia's side cousin to fetch us back to my grandparents home.

Nice view from my grandparents kampong's house. The sky was clear that day and it's awesome for landscape photoshoot. :D


After slacking at my grandparents house for the evening, we went out at night. Hahas. We went to Jonker Walk, one of the famous tourist attractions at Malacca. The street is nearby the red church. Anyway, at night, Jonker Walk become very exciting, packed with food and souvenir stores. In short, it's a night market! Basically, you can find a lot of stuffs that you can hardly find in Singapore. FYI, Malacca town is famous because of its Nyonya culture. In fact, when you guys visit Malacca, you must remember to come here! Go and try all the foods in the night market, do you know why? It's because it's cheaper than in Singapore!! Hahas.

Entrance of Jonker Walk.


Flood of people on the street...


A store that sell Nyonya stuffs.


My cousins enjoying the local dimsums.


The Red Church.

My parents were both born and raised in Malacca, which makes me half Malaysian however because I'm born and raised here in Singapore, that's why I cannot speak/write/understand Malay language. My parents on the other hand, know a bit. However, sometimes, i felt proud of having Malaysian blood in me because when come to CNY, Malaysia's ambience is just so much better than in Singapore.

Anyway, other than those tourist attractions i mentioned above. There are also foods that you shouldn't miss when you come Malacca! The capitol satay (佳必多沙爹)! Well, it opens till late and it's featured in a lot of local and international food shows and magazines. So it's a must-try! My cousin drove us here for supper.

The variety of foods, on the right photo: The hotpot where we put dip the food into the satay sauce!


Also featured on famous Taiwanese food show, "食尚玩家"

Also when you come Malacca, you all must definitely try their big bun (大包). It's really big and it's like the size of our plam! The sauce in it is really awesome, sorry that i didn't took any photos, probably next time? Hahas. Other than this, remember to bring back some famous local pastries such as wife's biscuit (老婆饼), bean paste's cookies (豆沙饼), fried-fish satay and more!! :D

Other attractions that i didn't went are St. Paul Hill and such...you all can check it out at Tripadvisor.


I will maybe review my next Malacca trip again if i am going. Well, i shall finish my words here then, that's about my trip. (:

THE END.
14.11.11.


My Malaysia trip in 2011, check them out!
Kuala Lumpur | Genting Highlands


You may also like:
- Celebrating CNY in Malaysia (2013)

Comments