Truly Malaysia - Malacca 2013


It's another Malacca trip for me! Yup, I don't even know how many times I have been there. Anyway, if you don't know where is Malacca, you should do some homework, no? Ok, Malacca is located in Malaysia. It is located just north of Johor state and from Singapore, it should takes about 3 to 4 hours least to reach. Hmm...This time round, I went back to celebrate my grandpa's 80th birthday! Good health to him, man. Nevertheless, I took my time there to go shopping and relax myself. Since, Singapore is really a stressful place (especially working and studying).

DAY ONE:
Our first stop after arriving at Malacca, we visited Tesco mall for lunch. FYI, we bought coach tickets directly at Five Stars tour agency. The tickets cost S$21 each, if I did remember correctly. You can check out their price and packages at their official website at http://sg.fivestarsonline.com/index.php/coaches. Back to lunch, we dined at one of the restaurants in the mall. The restaurant serve Indonesian dishes, we ordered quite a number of dishes like their BBQ grilled chicken, tom yam soup and curry chicken.

On our way to Tesco mall


Our lunch

Malacca is famous for its Jonker Street, St. Paul church and all the notable heritage buildings. We did not really went for those heritage stuffs this time round. But I would love to check out their observation tower (nearby the area) someday. We visited Jonker Street for shopping and snacks. We were eating a lot during for this "3 days 2 nights" trip...bad for my diet because the foods were too hard to resist. Hahas.

Jonker Street/Walk


Famous church in Malacca

Finally, I tried out the famous chicken rice from Jonker Street. My dad brought us there and we ordered several dishes such as their vegetables, fishball soup and roasted chicken. We had a great time there, the ambience was nice but well, the weather was not very good. It was too sunny and hot! We were finding drinks while walking the street.

古城鸡饭粒


The delicious foods


The Roasted Chicken

I have also visited the famous Capitol Satay (佳必多沙爹) on this trip too. My uncle brought up the idea and then, off we go. We queued for about 30 minutes for our turn...man, the queue is long! Nevertheless, I took some meatball sticks, hot-dog sticks, beanstick (豆皮) sticks and mores. Each stick cost RM$0.80...the total bill came up to RM$60+, paid by my uncle. We totally enjoyed our foods.

The store's entrance


Inside the store


The foods that were available


Our Satay Pot


Also featured on famous Taiwanese food show, "食尚玩家".

DAY TWO:
Early morning, woke up and prepared for breakie at one of the nearby coffee-shops. I had the wanton mee (RM$3.00), tasted not very nice. Hmm, but overall still edible lah...hahas. My uncles, aunts and cousins also ordered claypot noodles, nasi lemak, curry fish and grilled fish too. All the prices are at flat RM$3.00, how cheap is that? We were all wondering whether did the shop owner counted the prices wrongly, dots. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our breakfast.

My Wanton Mee, looks nice but taste so-so.

In the late afternoon, my cousin drove me out for another shopping trip. My sister and I went shopping at the Palawan mall and Jonker Street. We spend around 4 to 5 hours there and ended our night with a K session at Dream Box. The K session was cheap due to our strong exchange rate, the bill come up to around RM$55+. That price is for 3 persons, it comes with a 2 hours singing session, 3 standard drinks and 1 plate of fresh fruits.

View from Palawan Mall


Posing inside the K session's room


My sister singing...


The plate of fresh fruits



The billing slip

My sister and I had dinner at this Japanese restaurant, "Sushi Ya". We are taking photos and enjoying our stay there, the staffs were friendly and foods were tasty too. The prices may be a bit steep, but still affordable lah. Hahas. Overall, we were satisfied and probably, we will drop by again next time. :)

Sushi Ya


My bento of the day

For this trip, I bought myself a pair of slipper, 2 new tees and also some Malaysia's snacks and biscuits. My sister went crazy on their Famous Amos cookies, she bought 200g which is 2 bags of it. Hmm, delicious and cost her around S$20. We enjoyed our shopping there and ate really some good foods. Rounding up my trip, I am happy and contented! I'm now looking forward to my next trip already. Hahas.

Story Closed on 30.06.2013.

#travel #malaysia #malacca #food #shopping #singk #singapore #fivestars #tour

You may also like:
- Truly Malaysia - Malacca 2012
- Celebrating CNY in Malaysia

Comments