Din Tai Fung with Eileen

Sunday is here again, I am back here for another weekly post. This week has been a busy week for me, I'm busy filing stuffs at work and redecorating my room yesterday and earlier. Yesterday, I visited Ikea and got the 2 shelves which I said earlier that I wanted to buy. It has arrived today and I have finished setting up the shelves. I will do a room tour real soon, probably early next month or something. I guess I will do an annual room tour post in December starting from this year. So do stay tuned for it!

Nevertheless, this week...work and personal life was great for me. I am already looking forward to meeting my poly cliques and secondary old friends in the next 2 weeks for Christmas dinners. I am also hoping to catch The Hunger Games's film in cinema before the cinema ends the airing. There are so much movies which I wanted to watch recently and I got no time for them. Lols.

Putting my rants aside. Last night, I met up with Eileen for dinner at Din Tai Fung, 313. It was my 3rd time visiting Din Tai Fung but this time round, I went to their Orchard's outlet at 313. Please come early, we actually waited for almost 40 mins just for our turn to dine in. Anyway, Eileen and I had a great time there and we totally enjoyed the foods. As usual, I ordered their ever-popular Xiao Long Bao (小籠包)...it just tasted so nice. I am a great fan of Taiwanese foods as I travel there almost every year...hahas. But of course, the prices between here and there is really a big difference.

The foods which we have ordered.


Xiao Long Bao (小籠包)


Din Tai Fung, 313
313 Orchard Road #B2-01
Singapore 238895
Tel: 6509 6696

Operating Hours
Mon – Fri: 11am to 10pm
Weekends & Public Holidays: 10am to 10pm
Last order at 9:30pm

I will be visiting Taiwan again next year and this time round, I will most likely to be just sticking around in Taipei though I really wanted to visit Taichung (台中) again for their famous sun biscuit (太陽餅). I will be bringing back, say...2 boxes of the biscuits and some snacks too. I may do a haul post on it, probably? Sorry that I am drifting away from the topic here, but it just makes me feel so excited when visiting Taiwanese restaurants.

Anyway, after our dinner, we walked around the street of Orchard and I took some photos of this year's Christmas lights. Every year, Orchard road will be decorated with beautiful Christmas ornaments and lights. This year is no exception too, I shall let the photos do the rest of the job. That's pretty much summarised my week. Now, I shall stop my words here then. Thanks for dropping by and do come back soon! :)

Ferrero Rocher's Golden Tree spotted!


Beautiful Christmas lights on the street of Orchard

Story Closed on 01.12.2013.

#christmas #orchardroad #singapore #sg #orchard313 #dintaifung #taiwanese #cuisine #foods #dimsum #dinner #xiaolongbao #weeklypost #rants

You may also like to read up my previous posts featuring Din Tai Fung too.
- Din Tai Fung with Family
- Zhiwei's 23rd Birthday

Photo Credits:
- https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1473058_392973944169234_1449045705_n.jpg
- http://www.orchardroad.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Christmas-on-A-Great-Street-2013-14-640x426.jpg
- http://www.orchardroad.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Christmas-on-A-Great-Street-2013-13-640x426.jpg
- http://www.orchardroad.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Christmas-on-A-Great-Street-2013-4-640x426.jpg

Comments