Nihon Mura Express with Raven

It's Sunday again. I am back here for another weekly update! This week has also been a smooth week too. My work goes smoothly and I have also finished with my exercise regime for the week too. On Wednesday, I met up with Boon Teck for my annual IPPT and I got a result with much expected except that I got a nice sliver-standard SBJ score but a really lousy shuttle-run result. Darn, there goes my $200. Nevertheless, I did still passed the test. I dread going for re-training and it totally burns off my weekday's evening. I would rather do training on my own at my own pace. :C

Yesterday, I met up with Raven for dinner at Nihon Mura Express, Cineleisure. It was a nice meet up, we chatted and took some nice photos together too. Before we have dinner, we headed to Chinatown to buy some Taiwanese currency for our upcoming Taiwan trip in March. I will blog about the trip by then (Hahas, the usual and I hope you guys aren't bored by that). The dinner plan was actually to dine at Ding Tai Fung (鼎泰豐), however, Raven said since we are going Taiwan soon...And, we will be eating a ton of Taiwanese foods. So, she suggested to have dinner at Nihon Mura Express.

Nihon Mura Express, Cineleisure

This is my first time dining at Nihon Mura Express. The restaurant took the same concept as Sushi Express where all sushi cost S$1.50 per plate. Indeed, it's cheap. However, as compared to Sushi Express, their selection of dessert were much lesser and IMO, their selections were so little! There were only chocolate eclair, mochi and packaged pudding whereas at Sushi Express, you will definitely get some cream puffs, cheesecakes, mochi and puddings. Putting dessert comparison aside for now, they have a number of sushi selections from the usual California maki to smoked salmon sushi.

Service-wise, Nihon Mura Express have a decent service same as Sushi Express too. The bad part is the waiting time for our side orders, it took them almost 20 mins to reach our table. I understand that they have little manpower too, this should be look into, no? (It's a freaking Saturday for god sake, hahas). Nevertheless, we still had a nice and pleasant dinner. We took 18 plates in total for the dinner and paid a total of S$34. The price are inclusive of GST and service charges. Overall, Nihon Mura Express is worth a try once in a while. And I will still preferred Sushi Express.

Mango-Ebi Sushi, yummy! (P.S: I don't find this in Sushi Express)


Gyoza! Something you hardly find in Sushi Express too.


My fave, Unagi sushi! (うなぎ寿司) "(^ ~ ^)"


Just right beside the restaurant, there is a small store selling all of the Japanese quick bites such as sushi, sandwiches, drinks and etc;. It adopted the same concept as 7-eleven except that they don't operate 24/7. After our dinner, we dropped by the store and got our hands on one of the fruit vinegar drinks. Raven had the plum flavoured one while I had the apple flavoured one. The drinks were selling at S$1.00 each, thus, we decided to give it a try and they both tasted really refreshing and nice.

The small store


Nihon Mura Express, Cineleisure
Cathay Cineleisure Orchard #B1-03/04/05
8 Grange Road, Singapore 239695

Operation Hours
Sun - Thurs: 1130 hrs to 2200 hrs (Last Order @ 2130 hrs)
Fri, Sat and PH: 1130 hrs to 0130 hrs (Last Order @ 0100 hrs)

Click HERE to read my visit to Sushi Express, Citylink Mall!!

And today, Sunday is my rest day! Hahas, I have summed up my weekend. I hope that you guys had a good week too and thanks for dropping by to check out this post. Please share with your friends on this post too! Ciaos.

Story Closed on 23.02.2014.

#weeklypost #weeklyupdate #rants #singapore #sg #wjalmighty #lunch #dinner #foods #japanese #cuisine #restaurant #cafe #nihonmuraexpress #nihonmura #sukigroup #cineleisure #sushi #onefifty

Comments