A Busy Weekend

It's Sunday again! Oh my, we are now coming to the end of August and tomorrow is a new day of a new month. Woots!! Speaking of which, I didn't registered for my N5 paper because it crashes with my SCM in the morning and that's pretty much sucks! I am enrolling for the next one in upcoming July and I hope this time round, nothing screws up! Hmm...Anyway, this week has been a really busy week for me including the weekends! Still, my weekdays were filled with work, running and gyming sessions.

And yesterday, I visited Johor Bahru with Raven. We went over the causeway to get our mooncakes! Hahas. I am so filled up with joy, I bought a ton of foods like coffee powder, pastries and of course the mooncakes. It cost me less than S$100 for the whole trip which include brunch, movie and dinner! Well, anyway, we watched "Lucy" at the cinema. It was an awesome and mind-blowing one, it was pretty meaningful but I wondered why they make it a M18 rating movie where I don't think it have much mature contents. Hmm...I have nothing much to comment on the movie though.

Screen grabs from the movie

The movie's trailer

We had a great time at one of the restaurants in City Square Mall. We also spent quite some time at Starbucks because the mall was too crowded with people and there are nothing much to see anyway. Nah...They have this Doraemon expo going on but in my opinion, there is nothing much to see in there. Well, I don't think it's worth the money though. Anyway, kids is entitled to free entry so if you are going in as a family, you only need to pay for the adult shares. We spent about an afternoon at JB before we left for home. As usual, causeway is jammed with cars and other vehicles which took us 30 mins or so just to reach the shore of Singapore. Overall, both of us were happy with our hauls and had totally enjoyed our stay there. Meet up soon, Raven! :)

Raven and I at Starbucks taking selfie...


Spotted this cute store, "Action City"!


Me with Doraemon wall!

Earlier today, I went for my 4th running event of the year. The Army Half Marathon 2014 was held at the same venue as last year, it was huge as usual and the goodies bag is still not too bad for this year too. Hmm, I entered the race for free this time round. This is great, it encouraged me to join for the following years too! Hahas, who doesn't love free stuffs? Well, for the public, NSmen only need to pay as low as S$12++ to get into the 21 km category. Still, it's cheap! You get more out of that fees, as each participant are entitled to a running singlet, goodies bag, finisher tee and of course a memorable medal! It's the cheapest marathon event in my opinion! ;)

Army Half Marathon 2014


The goodies bag

After the race, I had breakfast at Jem before I left for home to rest. It was a tiring morning but I am glad that I woke up and did what I love. Running may not be my kind of thing, but it has become one of my routine things to do. Of course, I have to like and enjoy it so I can perform better in it! Hahas. Jiayou, I have 2 more marathon runs to clear for this year! Hees, I am gradually increasing my medal collection. Hmm...I guess I shall do a collection video sometime next year? Hahas!! Alright, I guess that's about my week. Hmm...Hopefully, you guys had enjoyed reading this post and please do come back soon for more reads!

Story Closed on 31.08.2014.

#weeklypost #weeklyupdate #singapore #sg #wjalmighty #johorbahru #malaysia #travel #mooncakes #foods #restaurants #citysquaremall #armyhalfmarathon #running #marathon #marinabay #movie #lucy #lucbensson #scarlettjohansson

Click below to read about my last year's run!
- Last Week of August (2013)

Photo Credits:
- http://mmbiz.qpic.cn/mmbiz/OrhSiaGuG3RialGBGLmjI0uN2IeP1QlQTuJJzyVethGNUxXdcOfW8x5WOS4kZD2Ho2qtOJ6vzYOGGDHmX0MBagRg/0
- http://www.apnatimepass.com/lucy-movie/lucy-movie-wallpaper-4.jpg
- http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/03/article-2595619-1CC58B9C00000578-637_634x378.jpg
- http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/lucy-movie.jpg

Comments