Celebrating CNY in Malacca (2020)


Afternoon peeps, it's Sunday again! I am back for another weekly update. I guess it has been quite some time since I posted a new update. Well, life is getting busy these days. Anyway, in today's post, I will be sharing about my trip to Malacca, Malaysia during this year Chinese New Year. I will be posting the photo album on my Facebook page sometime soon?

The trip starts from 24 Jan 2020 (Friday) and ends on 28 Jan 2020 (Wednesday). This year, as usual, I visited Malacca with my family. The trip to Malacca was surprisingly smooth, there were no traffic jam nor any bottleneck, we reached Malacca around 1330 hrs in the afternoon. We managed to check-in to Estadia soon after we alighted from the bus. After dropping our luggage at the hotel, first thing we did is to fill our famished stomach at Kenny's Rogers. And we ordered quite a number of stuffs, our table is filled with plates of foods. Hahas. After lunch, we walked around the mall before visiting my Grandpa and aunt. We also caught sight of the fireworks and fire crackers that day.

除夕

Day 2 started and we have breakfast at the hotel. The buffet spread was really good, I must say. After breakfast, we went back to our rooms to rest a while before heading to Encore Melaka to take some OOTD photos. The place was newly setup and it was really clean. That day was pretty warm but we managed to shoot some nice photos. After that, we headed to our aunt place again. Before that, we walked around the malls again and booked our movie tickets for the CNY movie. We had a good time at our aunt place, snacking and stuffs. Till it's time for us to leave for the movie. We were almost late for our movie but we managed to catch it on time. We enjoyed much that day too.

初一

Day 3 is probably one of the most busiest days of the trip. We woke up early, washed up and had breakfast at hotel. Then, we leave to visit the notable Jonker Street. We wanted to shop for some goods like coffee and pastries but it was so crowded that we decided to shop elsewhere. However, our main purpose here is to visit the Mamee Museum to make our own cup noodles. Like the Nissin Cup Noodles Museum in Japan, the Mamee Museum allows one to make their own cup noodles. We enjoyed ourselves here, even my parents are enjoying themselves. Hahas. After Jonker, we headed back to shop for my office wears and shoes. Then we had lunch at Wong Kok Hong Kong restaurant. Gosh, the portion was really huge and we were so full after lunch. That evening we had dinner with all my relatives at my aunt place again, we totally enjoyed the dinner.

初二

Day 4, we skipped breakfast and instead, we visited our aunt's coffeeshop for breakfast. We spent quite some time there, took some photos at nearby 'Claw Machine' shop. Then, we headed back to the mall for some more Window shopping and Starbucks! This is my first Starbucks drink for the trip. We rested a while before heading to Dragon-I for our dinner. We ordered quite a number of dishes and they were really delicious. After dinner, we then headed to Jonker Street once more, the night scene was different from the day.

初三

Day 5 is the last day of the trip. We woke up earlier for breakfast, headed back to our rooms to shower, prepare to check-out and board the bus back to Singapore. The trip back to Singapore was much slower, we ended late back in Singapore. Luckily, we had some light bites before our trip back. Overall, I had a good time at Malacca this year too. I wish I can bring my Japanese friends or more friends here too but the long trip may probably push people away? Hmm...Hopefully, we can get the bullet train soon. I have come to the end of this post and I hope you have enjoyed reading this piece too. I will try my best to put up more updates when I have time.

初四


Read about my trip to Malacca previously
http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2017/02/celebrating-chinese-new-year-in-malacca.html

Story Closed on 23.02.2020.

#wjalmighty #weeklyupdates #weeklyposts #willistravels #wjtravels #malacca #malaysia #my #cny #lunarnewyear #travels #thingstodo #thingstoeat #thingstobuy #mouseyear

Comments