Nagoya Castle (2018)

Afternoon peeps! It's Sunday again! In today's post, I will be sharing about my visit to Nagoya Castle in 2018. During this visit, I didn't entered the castle as I had done previously. I will attach the link to my previous visit at the end of this post. Anyway, the castle was going under some renovation or construction works during my visit. I think today, the castle is back to its normal state where visitors can continue to enter the castle.

Nagoya Castle

Before exploring the castle grounds, I visited the nearby Meijou Park (名城公園). I visited the tourist spot during a weekday morning hence, there weren't too many people. I was glad to take some nice nature photos and even caught sights of military helicopters which were doing their daily rounds. I wouldn't say their air force were less inferior to our RSAF but instead they are may be even much better than us. Putting that aside, you can also spot something not of Japan's culture in the park and that is a windmill! Hahas. The park is quite big and you can spot youths doing their daily jogs and runs around the park. Well, I believed that this is a pretty common sight in Japan as during my visits to other parks in Japan, I also spotted runners doing their training and daily routine runs around castle parks.

Windmill at Meijou Park


Helicopter fly-by


One of the nice scenic spots in the park

After spending some time at the park, I finally entered the castle ground. As mentioned earlier that the castle is under construction, so I only explored the ground while taking in the atmosphere and viewing the castle exterior from outside. One of the must-try(s) here is none other than the popular matcha soft serve. I also had one during my previous visit. After finished with my dessert, I visited the merchandise shop beside the castle. This is one shop where you wouldn't miss when visiting the castle due its unique exterior.

The matcha soft serve and selfie

The shop front

To get to Nagoya castle, one can take the meijou line (名城線) on the subway and alight at either Meijou Park station (名城公園駅) or City Hall station (市役所駅) then take few minutes walk to reach. It is quite easy to navigate once you exit the station as there are signs everywhere to direct you. I would say it's quite tourist friendly.

Exit from City Hall Station

I have come to the end of this short travel post and I hope you peeps enjoyed this piece too. I will be back next week to wrap up my Aichi travel. Cheers!

Click onto the below link to read about my previous visit to Nagoya Castle!
"http://luvwav3personal.blogspot.com/2017/07/nagoya-castle.html

Story Closed on 05.07.2020.

#wjalmighty #weeklypost #weeklyupdate #travelogues #willisseetheworld #wjtravels #japan #jp #aichi #nagoyacastle #thingstosee #thingstobuy

Comments